1 (edited by Just Tel 2012-05-05 19:43:05)

Topic: Jessie Cover

Well I guess I don't use forums much but I recently bought a Behringer mixer to play around with. I am quite impressed with this bit of kit and have recorded a few songs using it together with my Zoom recorder. Here's one of my recordings.
http://soundcloud.com/just-tel/jessie-1
What do you think?

Tel

Re: Jessie Cover

Excellent job Tel.  I like your sound.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

3 (edited by Just Tel 2012-05-05 19:43:34)

Thanks Pete, appreciate your comment.

Tel

Great work!

Thanks Trisch

Tel

Very nice, I like your sound.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thanks bluejeep. I appreciate your comment.

Tel

8 (edited by Phill Williams 2012-05-06 17:05:12)

hi tel.

i had a listen and enjoyed your track and found the site itself so interesting that i joined too. so thanks for the guiding hand.

i didnt recognise the song so is it your own work or a cover?

anyway, nice recording and hope to hear more from you

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill and thanks for your comments.
Pleased that you found Soundcloud useful. It's a good site for placing your work and a good alternative to others if you don't have any video to offer.
As to the song, I have to admit that it's a cover of the original by Joshua Kadison and not my own work
If anyone is interested I will post more of my work,but I don't want to push them unless people genuinely want to hear them.
By the way George Harrisons " Any road will take you there" is one of my favourites.

Tel

hi tel,

yep george is and was very underrated, in fact the whole "brainwashed" album is well worth a listen as i do on a regular basis.

as for your own songs, that is what this site is for. what we like is for people to post their original words and chords on the songwriting forum, then we can have a read and try to play the songs then give an encouraging comment.

as a member you have the freedom of the site and forums, so please join in, ask questions, give advice...etc
see you soon?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hey like it! it reminds me of John denver, I hope you don't take offence at that, I mean that as a compliment.

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Hi and thanks for the complement. Was it the song or the voice that reminded you of John Denver cos I do one or two covers of his? and really loved his music. Just a pity that he isn't around any more.

Tel

It was mostly your voice that reminds me of John Denver but some of the melody too. What are your favorite songs done by him?.

14 (edited by Just Tel 2012-05-09 16:14:26)

I like all of his songs but I think my favourite would be "For You" I never tire of listening to it but having tried several times playing and singing, I can't do justice to it.
It's funny that you picked up on the John Denver thing because others have made similar comments but I have never made the link myself. It's amazing how people sound very different to others as to how they sound to themselves.

Tel

It is alot different when other hear you compared to when you listen to yourself. What did you think the first time you heard yourself recorded? The first time I heard myself it was like whoa! That's what I sound like reallY? it's like a different world when your listening compared to when your the one singing.

The first time that I heard my recorded voice I really was shocked as it didn't sound like me one little bit. I have to say that I was disappointed cos to me  it sounded better unrecorded. However after more years than I care to remember I have got use to how it must sound to others and don't think about it too much.
I'm pleased that your voice got the Whoa when you first heard it.

Tel

So, how many songs have you recorded?

I have recorded 10 songs which I have placed on Soundcloud and about another 10 or so that I put onto a CD and a few others that I recorded at Live gigs. However the last three that I placed on Soundcloud are much better recordings I think as I did them with my new mixer and also using backings which I produced using a program called ChordPulse.

Tel

I have recorded two albums and have done a number of gigs. Where do you like to do your gigs at?

Chordpulse? I'll have to look into that.

If you look at ChordPulse there are two versions, Lite and the full version which you can trial for 14 days before you purchase for about 17 Euros, which in no money for what you get so trial the full version and see what you think.
My gigs are mainly at local pubs (open mikes and Folk) along with a local acoustic club. Nothing big time but over here there aren't many paid gigs unless you are megga and really good,
What genres do you play and is any of your stuff on any internet sites?

Tel

I'm not sure what you mean by genres? No none of my stuff is on the internet yet. I want to post some of my stuff but am not sure where. I tried using utube but for some reason my video's audio got messed up and I don't know how to fix it. As of late I havn't been able to do a gig in while, My sister and I did them together. Our first time singing was in front of 300 people and boy was that an experience! LOL It was at a gathering in missouri, and we went there twice. After that our gigs were much smaller.

I could e-mail you a song or two that I"ve done if you want.

Genre is style of music, ie. pop, pock, folk, country etc.
Gee 300 people is a big audience for a first gig. I bet you were nervous. Don't know what recording equipment you have but Soundcloud is a good free site on which to place your music on the internet. It's sound only and no video. I would love to hear a couple of your songs but don't want to give my email address on the forum for the usual reasons. It is on my profile but I don't think it's visual to others.

Tel

I sing and play all sorts of Genre. some modern hits, some country, gosple, christian. some soft pop but not too much, and I used to sing some bluegrass music but am not too much into that any more. I'm kinda in the exploring stage right now.

Yeah my first gig was big and I was nervous, but have never been the shy type so I think I delt with it farely well. Now it doesn't bother me really. If someone says hey could you play for me I'm just like yeah sure let me go get my guitar.

I don't have my own recording equipment unfortunitely. I go to a studio to have my stuff recorded. I will check out sound cloud and see what I can do there.