Topic: Curious questions

Just Got to wondering, who started Chordie and how long has it been around?

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Re: Curious questions

JJ ember wrote:

Just Got to wondering, who started Chordie and how long has it been around?

I do not know but it is an intersting question. I would like to know myself.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well the guy who created Chordie is known to us mods as "Per" or admin. I have not used his full name as I'm not sure if he wants it to be known.
I think he wrote or used the code (PunBB) for the website to be used as search engine which converts the songs to Chopro on Chordie.
I think Chordie as we know it started around early 2006.
I guess Roger may know more about the origins of Chordie as he was one of the original mods.
ark

Good question. To whom ever I am grateful.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

arkady wrote:

Well the guy who created Chordie is known to us mods as "Per" or admin. I have not used his full name as I'm not sure if he wants it to be known.
I think he wrote or used the code (PunBB) for the website to be used as search engine which converts the songs to Chopro on Chordie.
I think Chordie as we know it started around early 2006.
I guess Roger may know more about the origins of Chordie as he was one of the original mods.
ark

Thanks for the info. I was just thinking of what a great site this was and wondered who started it. So you've on here pretty much since it began?

Checking the older post I found an announcement from Per in 2007 that October 25th of that year was the 5th anniversary of him starting Chordie: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4393

So it was started in 2002. Originally it was to help Per find songs for himself but he soon found that others wanted an easy way of finding chords and lyrics for songs and the idea was born. Over the years Chordie has grown and developed into the site we know and love today.

I have just realised that October 25th this year will be Chordie's 10th birthday.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

JJ ember wrote:

So you've on here pretty much since it began?

Well No...
The earliest dates for members using the forum is about March 2006 so in my ignorance of Chordie history took this to be around the start date.
Thanks for info Roger.
ark

Chordie was moved to a new and faster server in 2006 and there were software changes at that time also. Unfortunately the original Member start dates was lost in the change over, hence no one shows a registered date before 2006.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

glad whoever started it,I am gratfull we have such a good clean organized , etc music site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Roger Guppy wrote:

Checking the older post I found an announcement from Per in 2007 that October 25th of that year was the 5th anniversary of him starting Chordie: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4393

So it was started in 2002. Originally it was to help Per find songs for himself but he soon found that others wanted an easy way of finding chords and lyrics for songs and the idea was born. Over the years Chordie has grown and developed into the site we know and love today.

I have just realised that October 25th this year will be Chordie's 10th birthday.

Roger

Thanks for sharing that with us. Intersting.

wow chordie's 10th birthday! that's way cool.