Re: What would your dream acoustic guitar be

I would opt for an early 60's Guild dread of some sort. One of the ones hand braced by Greco. If you play one that has been taken care of and "bloomed" - oh my - soooo beautiful. - As for the new Guilds, the GAD series are made in China, the higher end stuff like the D-55s are made in Tacoma WA now.

My dream guitar:
https://www.officialtvwebsite.com/maste … Ggod8iY7EA
with Zoro outfit.

wink

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

my dream guitar is a Martin D-50 with an inlayed back, gold tuners, totally inlayed fretboard with the tree of life pattern and a pickup added extra...however that would cost around $100.000.00 US from the Martin Company.  - Worth it though!

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

Wow 100,000.00 dollars is a lot to pay for a guitar. You could build a house on a nice piece of land for that kind of money.That guitar would be some pretty to look at though.

Have a good one ,...Badeye.

one caper after another

patrickjacques wrote:

With money not being a major issue (say up to $5,000.00 US) what would your dream acoustic be.

mine would probily be a art&luthire with wild cherry base along with wild oak for the neck and birds eye maple with the frets

I've always wanted a D-35 Martin... thats the "Johnny Cash" made in his honor cuz he always played a black Martin. Its all black and shiny with pearl edges and has the classic Martin tone... SO Sweet

All You Need is Love smile

Well Patrick, I am a PRS freak, so I mailed them with the question about a year ago, if they had plans to produce an acoustic PRS, they answered NO, but that it could happen in a few years.
I am just familiar with MARTIN acoustic guitars, and also GIBSON (Dove, Hummingbird & SJ-200)
I am greedy to try TAYLOR  COLLINGS and SANTA CRUZ
Strange fact: collings is actually producing electric guitars.

I was told that Santa Cruz guitars are more for fingerpicking, but will they sound nice using a plectrum. I know, I am almost always talking about SUPER BRANDS, when in your (super country, I love so much) you find guitars like SEAGULL, GODIN: can you tell me more about the Canadian Brands?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

33 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-08-01 15:43:43)

Hey BIGJIN, I am in love too, with that Martin, but I think that only "professionals" can try this one out. Would it sound better than a D-45?
BTW, the D-50 costs about 30.000$ and not 100.000$

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

my wife being the best woman ever bought for me on fathers day my dream $2500 Gibson j-45 and WOW the sound that comes out of this acoustic is breath taking

Brook guitars - hand mand in devon.  If only I had a couple of spare grand...

Check out my site: [url=http://www.guitaristhelp.net]Printable scale, chord, arpeggio, blank TAB and manuscript sheets for guitar and bass[/url]