Topic: Happy 71st Mr. Dylan

Bob turned 71 today.

Rolling Stone Magazine listed this song as the No. 1 song on the list of 500 greatest songs of all time.

http://youtu.be/hk3mAX5xdxo

What's your favorite Dylan tune?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Happy 71st Mr. Dylan

Happy birthday too Bob,favorite song too many too list but right of the top of my head ,Tangled up in blue.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I don't really care for Dylan's music. I know he has influenced so many artists and is held as a legend, but for me not so much.

But happy b-day to him. May he keep doin' what he's doin.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Bob. Thanks for "To Make You Feel My Love" which has become my current signature tune smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Happy B-day to Dylan. fav tune.  " Let me follow you down"

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Happy B-day Bob. Too many songs to pick a favorite. He inspired so many of us to be songwriters. Moss doesn't grow on a rolling stone.

Joe

One of my all time favorites.  Happy Birthday Bob.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My favorite of his is Tangled Up In Blue.  Among my least favorite is The Hurricane.  Both long story songs.  Go figure. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just a couple of old friends strumming their way through a rehearsal. One with a Martin D28 (probably), the other with a Gibson J200. Happy Birthday, Zimmy! RIP George.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctzUNMp … r_embedded

Some really good stuff in your you tube videos MB,what a great combination George and Bob,things don't get better than that for me,my two favorites.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Without a doubt, "Highway 61"!

Close second, "Subterranean Homesick Blues"

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Quite possibly the best song writer that ever lived. I can't pick a favorite song by him, impossible to do.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

topdown wrote:

Rolling Stone Magazine listed this song as the No. 1 song on the list of 500 greatest songs of all time.

http://youtu.be/hk3mAX5xdxo

Gee, I wonder why? smile

Not a big Dylan fan, but I understand and appreciate what he's done for music.  The link happens to be my favorite Dylan tune.

Side note:  I heard an interview with Charlie Daniels on the radio this morning while I was on a long drive, and Charlie gave Dylan some big props.  Said he's one of the greatest American poets who has ever lived, cited him as an influence, etc. etc.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Everyone should give a listen to "Desire" I wore out several vinyl LP's and  still listen to it in the new digital age, it is his Best IMO , I don't Love everything Bob has done but he sure has given Acoustic players like myself some Great songs to Cover. He also got me started playing harmonica .........

Later, Wayne P