Topic: Download… a question.

I am in the process of creating songs for church, kids "campfire" and sing-a-longs. All on a non-profit basis. I am writing the backing in Band-in-a-box and using a guitar or dulcimer for support.
I have been downloading a few songs, importing them into ChordBuddy and processing them.
Here is my question:

Is there a way to tag a list of songs and download them as a group? Or, are there books, or groups of songs already performed to download? Download each individual song is time consuming.

Thanks

Re: Download… a question.

I'm learning to play the guitar and I'm wondering can I play G7 instead of G? thanks..Do I still play G7 on E string? Thanks...Willy

Willysongs welcome to the forum,they both play on the e string and they do have a different sound so it is best to use both chords. You should start you own post too get a response from members.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

rvennenman - I believe you can download an entire songbook, instead of individual songs.  I dont' do it too much so I'm not positive.  Try adding the songs you like into your song book and go from there.  Good luck!  smile  And welcome to the forums!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

rvennenman ,
I sent you a mail mssg. so check your e-mail.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

WILLYSONGS wrote:

I'm learning to play the guitar and I'm wondering can I play G7 instead of G? thanks..Do I still play G7 on E string? Thanks...Willy

Willy,

Speaking in terms of music theory, they are miles apart in terms of  the type of chord. The G7 needs to be resolved (typically with a C chord), and if you're playing in the key of G then you would almost never play the G7 chord. In my opinion you can almost always play the G chord instead of the G7, but not the other way around.

This would be a great question to start your own thread with though.

asaidat143, welcome to chordie, but i must disagree with your statement, i have been playing guitar for 45 years and quite often use G7 in the key of G, it's a transient progression to the C chord. if you check your music copies you will find them very often.

if for instance you want to play "SOMETHING" by the beatles (it is in the key of C but that's not relevant) the main chord progression is; C-Cmajor7-C7 etc. or if you like (transposed) G-Gmajor7-G7. so....G7 could and is used in it's own key.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.