Topic: Any music this weekend?

Is anyone gigging or jamming at home or up for an on-line endeavor? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Any music this weekend?

This weekend I shall mostly be celebrating our wonderful Queens 60th year on the throne. Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays, there are parties everywhere, gigs everywhere and the weather's set fair. This will be a great weekend in the UK.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I'm going to newport beach to visit a buddy. I'm sure beach jamming will happen at some point.

Both sound great.  I'm hoping to get a little porch swing time.  Sometimes a neighbor willing to sing falls by and we'll give a go at something or another, depending on which neighbor. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Two gigs - tonight at the American Legion in Laurel, MD..  and tomorrow..  same place but for a different occasion.. a benefit.   tonight, an acoustic trio but saturday night we'll be doing a full band.  Now that's some fun... 
Deb

I've got a line of gigs next week from the 5th thru the 9th...All in the AM for a pastor's church celebration.
Can you believe I'm actually getting paid for playing too!?

I think I'm only going to play for the 5th, 8th and 9th  tho....gotta go in to the lab some time that week lol...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I have a gig on Saturday night with my pal Rick (Doc) Green including 7 new songs he has written that I have only played and sung once. Should be fun lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

8 (edited by dino48 2012-06-01 21:18:58)

Roger Guppy wrote:

I have a gig on Saturday night with my pal Rick (Doc) Green including 7 new songs he has written that I have only played and sung once. Should be fun lol.

Roger

Roger it looks like you are sporting a new crop of curls on your head,you look like goldie locks now, maybe you could be Goldie Rocks.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I hope to meet up with Toney on Sunday once again, other than that I'm open for a skype session if there is any interest.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I hope to meet up with Toney on Sunday once again, other than that I'm open for a skype session if there is any interest.

Catch me if you can.  If I've got free time I'm happy to Skype away.  Saturday I'm taking the family to a festival.  Saturday is church and I'm really, really hoping to put a boat in the water.  I haven't been afloat since last fall and I'm going insane.  But the lake nearby closes at sunset.

I've had a sick kid, so my two days off were spent taking care of her.  I think she's finally getting better now.  I have to work tonight and tomorrow as usual, but if I get a little extra time while Jim and the girls are painting the cow or something, I'll try to get on.  Days are rough around here though as the family usually wants me involved with them and not playing my guitar.  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

12 (edited by beamer 2012-06-02 22:09:40)

Once again Ill be working all weekend,,,and maybe the next six,,,,, Gotta get money together for the family vacation in July.  However If Next wekend Im only working on one of the two days, It would be nice to make a playdate lol

you guys might even be able to help me with a 3rd verse of a song i was bouncing around.  its a D Am C  G F(full barre) G(full barre) progression.  I started plying A Country Boy Can Survive and it kind of morphed into a few verses. but I need a good chorus and one more verse.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Change of Plans.
Will not be going to the gigs on Friday and Saturday.

GOING TO THE ZOO WITH THE FAMILY!!!
WOOHOO!!!

Sorry, fun with the wife and son and his 2 little girl friends from church is worth more than the money.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

This coming weekend, we're having a little get-together at our house and there will be a few pickers there.  Hard to say if there will be any picking, the possibility is there. 

How'd your gigs go Debrap and Roger?

Leaving for Jekyll Island today. It is one of Georgia's barrier islands. Hope to be comfortably ensconced at "The Rah Bar" tonight for raw mollusks, brewed beverages, and (hopefully) live music. Golf tomorrow with plenty of hydration. Saturday brings the "business" session, and then home to Atlanta.

I've always wanted to go to Jekyll Island to see the leatherback turtle migration and spawning.  I'm sure the beaches are tightly controlled then, but they've got to have some kind of observation platforms or something.  I saw a lesser event at Pea Island in North Carolina's Outer Banks and it was super cool. 

- Zurf