Topic: 300 dollar Gibson. Too good to be true.

Musicians friend has Gibson melody makers for 299 this week. I aleays think if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. They are  single pickup guitars in 4 body styles. Les Paul, SG, Explorer and Flying V style. Has anyone had any experience with these. Is it a 300 dollar guitar, even if it is a Gibson. Is it too good to be true. It just seems odd that a real Gibson is going cheaper than some epis.It isn`t a stupid deal of the day. Any input will be appreciated

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: 300 dollar Gibson. Too good to be true.

I would check it out I know they have been having issues with there wood but still Gibson has a quality reputation do you have a link? smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The Melody Makers are Gibsons budget lines JJJ. You know the score, get 'em into the brand young. I've not played one and I've not heard of Gibson having any problems with quality over here.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

If it plays good, then you have a good guitar with a Gibson name.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

if you dont like it MF is great about returns also.  No questions asked, they will sell it as B stock after that.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

jjj.,I went and looked at them,they  look like a no  frill guitars,but for that price seems like a good deal.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I went to buy the melody maker tonight.Guitar center was out of them.Now I am back to having 2nd thoughts again. I snoozed,I loozed. I don`t want to buy one without taking it for a test run first. Maybe I will make another attempt. If they had it.It would be too late now and I may have owned it.Then there would be no room for buyers remorse.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I think if it were me I would let them know you are intersted and too call you when they get some more in.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

I think if it were me I would let them know you are intersted and too call you when they get some more in.

Good idea dino.They would have checked another store but I didn`t feel like driving 45 minutes to Natick. It`s not a necessity.Just a nice idea.

Enjoy Every Sandwich