Topic: Just learned of the death of a friend

Same age as me.  No information on cause of death at this time.  Best darned pie-baker I've ever met, but dang she was really bad at paddling whitewater.  I can't tell you how many times I had to help rescue her or recover her kayak.  She's the reason all my harmonicas taste like Macanudos and Crown Royal, as she kept me well supplied with each at the campfires where I played. 

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tcaJp5XfTYM/Ra19sm2t6tI/AAAAAAAAAEY/QQUE8hW48e4/s400/776624-R1-17-18A.jpg 

She's a friend to Dirty Ed too.  Last time I saw her, we tried a duet on Helplessly Hoping.  It ended in peals of laughter, which that song does not usually engender.  A few Eagles songs worked out, though.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Just learned of the death of a friend

Sorry buddy.....I feel for you.

Sorry to ear that Zurf.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Taken far too young, a tragedy.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Not a good thing for you zurf,she looks like she would be a good friend.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

my condolences its never easy losing a friend.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

My thought are with you buddy. Death Sux - its just so damn final.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sorry for your loss Zurf, God Bless.       b

I`m so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend .

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

It's sinking in and I'm getting kind of ticked off about it, not that there's any reason to be ticked off.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I was shocked too Zurf.  Patty had emailed me about the Buckeye Smallmouth Rodeo I'm hosting next week and had hoped to get down for at least one day as she has attended all the other ones.   I just got off the phone with Dave Rhoads who posted the info on RS this morning.  He still doesn't know the specifics.  I know she suffered from an extreme case of sleep apnea and perhaps it contributed to her passing. (MDs blamed on my father-in-laws death).  I consulted Dave about maybe canceling the Rodeo but we both agreed she would want us to "go on with the party".  We'll try to have some sort of short memorial for her Friday evening.  She'll be missed by the community of smallie chasers and outdoor folks here in Ohio.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

If there's a funeral, I may try and slip over to Ohio for it.  Wish I could make the Buckeye rodeo.  Just can't.  It's the end of the school year and I'm hosting a neighborhood party at my house.  It would be pretty rude of me not to be here for it.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend guys.  She looks like a great baker, and a ball of fun.  I'm sure she'll be missed.  Blessings upon her family and those who miss her.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry to hear about your loss.