Re: Join The Chordie Facebook Group!

Thanks Jeff.  No sweat.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Just joined it!!
Working on a Photoshopped Banner for the page for ya!

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

When the ladies in Okinawa called you #10 you were bad. # 100 was real bad!Sorry bout dat GI.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hey!  My back and guitar strap made the banner!  I think it was very wise of Detman not to permit my face on the banner as that would scare people away. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Hey!  My back and guitar strap made the banner!  I think it was very wise of Detman not to permit my face on the banner as that would scare people away. 

- Zurf

Lol, I just didn't have time to sit through all the video footage of us from that day to get a cap of your face.
I pretty much had time to review one video and screencap it within 2 minutes in order to get the banner together during a short lull at work.

The next banner submission will be much better with as many faces from the site as I can find...if that's cool with everyone involved.
PM photo submissions and ideas for the next banner submission are lovingly accepted.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I despise everything about facebook, my Daughter has me on it so we can "keep up with Family"   right, face book changes every day it seems! also stupid games and such.

If it were'nt for facebook I'd have no life lol...
It's the only way I can keep the few old friends from home I have in my life.

Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman101 wrote:

If it were'nt for facebook I'd have no life lol...
It's the only way I can keep the few old friends from home I have in my life.

Dm

Agreed. When we left Wisconsin in 2007, we left behind 66 years worth of family and friends. We'd never lived anywhere else. Through Facebook, we've kept up with job changes, retirements, grand-babies, graduations, weddings (and divorces), vacations and other milestones. On top of that, we've made new friends in far flung places and close to our new home. It is simple to block out the annoyances and keep unwanted incursions at bay.

Long in years, short of cash, doing my best.

Even though chordie has 420,000 + registered users (wow that's a big number) the facebook page just passed a milestone of over 300 "likes". Considering it took almost 3 months to get the 1st 100, the page has seen great momentum gaining 200 likes in a little over 30 days!

https://www.facebook.com/chordiepage

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Remember the Ronco commercials.Veg o matic, Trimcomb or pocket fisherman.How about K Tel records."The hits of 1973" , all sung by the same group. I still cringe thinking about my mother cutting my hair with the trimcomb (painful). Makes me happy to be bald now

Off topic but I remember being assaulted with the Trimcomb by my mother!! I have gone through life thinking that I was the only victim. Thanks JJJ it's nice to know I am not alone. Boy they were painful.

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

The Facebook page is catching on after all.  Lets hope people keep visiting it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Greatbigdave wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Remember the Ronco commercials.Veg o matic, Trimcomb or pocket fisherman.How about K Tel records."The hits of 1973" , all sung by the same group. I still cringe thinking about my mother cutting my hair with the trimcomb (painful). Makes me happy to be bald now

Off topic but I remember being assaulted with the Trimcomb by my mother!! I have gone through life thinking that I was the only victim. Thanks JJJ it's nice to know I am not alone. Boy they were painful.

Maybe there should be a support group for people that were victims of the trimcomb. How many would step up?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I remember the trim comb.  Had one.  Never did get a pocket fisherman though

39 (edited by naolslager 2012-07-20 11:02:43)

Sorry I'm afraid of Facebook.

I did have a Pocket Fisherman. Probably still do over at my dad's house! His garage looks like the set of "Sanford & Son".
dj