Topic: White marks on bridge, acoustic guitar...

Hi all! My S&P pro (bought secondhand) has a dark wood bridge ( think it's rosewood). There are a few unsightly white spots/marks on the bridge, possibly a drop of water has got on there & been left to dry ( I didn't do it!). Any ideas on how to remove these, please?!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Re: White marks on bridge, acoustic guitar...

perhaps some minwax wood stain will do the trick remove the bridge and apply with a cloth smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Can you post a pic?  I hate giving blind advice smile       

If lemon or Olive oil doesn't do it, just remove the pins and saddle and give it a light sand with 800 or higher paper....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

This sounds like a better idea a light sanding is less drastic then staining

Guitarpix wrote:

Can you post a pic?  I hate giving blind advice smile       

If lemon or Olive oil doesn't do it, just remove the pins and saddle and give it a light sand with 800 or higher paper....

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Paint colored dots inside of the white spots and play on. You'll have a "one of a kind" guitar.

Give everything but up.

A furniture touch up pen.Looks like a magic marker.It may work. Is it that noticable?mMaybe even a sharpie may work if you can find a matching color.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Sounds like they did not let it cure enough and it is seeping through,that happens with paint or furniture finishes.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks guys, will try & get a pic on here...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic