Topic: Kids and Guitars

Now this one is real.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQnfj3FP … ure=g-vrec

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: Kids and Guitars

Five little prodigies.  Marvelous.

Why do I even try?

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

We need teachers here who can accomplish something like this. Can you imagine?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Pete I would have too see them in person too really belive they are playing that on thier own.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hmmm I wonder what the teaching method was?  Starvation if tehy dont get it? how many hours  a day were they made to sit there?  I may sound extreem, but it really is how some countries do things.  Just look at teh BS 6 yr old beauty queens with the sadistic moms who were never good enough to win on their own, and now they are giving them even more attention with a tv show?????

ok off my soap box.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Yep - unsure on how they learned to play that well, but those are some talented kids...cute choreography too.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I agree beamer.  Those countries push hard to learn.  Same in gymnastics.  Those kids probably practice many hors each day.  The pay off is good however.

beamer wrote:

Hmmm I wonder what the teaching method was?  Starvation if tehy dont get it? how many hours  a day were they made to sit there?  I may sound extreem, but it really is how some countries do things.  Just look at teh BS 6 yr old beauty queens with the sadistic moms who were never good enough to win on their own, and now they are giving them even more attention with a tv show?????

ok off my soap box.

True, sorry guys their playing is awesome, no offence to that, but it does have an aura of child abuse around it. I have had a good deal of contact with Asian kids and, believe me, even outside of Asia there are crazy thing going on in their communities. I remember having this classmate who was 17 and in severe depression as he got scolded by his family that he is not achieving good enough. He was a stable A student, in some kind of sports team, in 2 or 3 comitees at any given time and performed Phantom parts of ''Phantom of the Opera'' in school musical with a great skill, but after performance couldn't look his family in the eyes.

No offence to Asians in general in this comment, I know also amazing close knit families, but, their culture makes them competitive as, and I bet those children played till their fingers bled and well past that, and I m not sure if it happened from their free will.

9 (edited by beamer 2012-06-17 00:12:35)

I once was in a class for "Radiation safety Officer"  Its all about half life , shielding , ect... most of us were military or civile defence.  We had a young guy about mid 20s who was a nuke engineier who was asian. Very cool guy btw, we had an asignment and the instructor told us when we finished we were done for the day. 5 min later he stood up and said C-Ya! We gave him he!! for blowing the Bell curve and the jokes about him being an overachiver.  He said in all seriousness, " Actually im the lazy one in my family, I like to party."  Seems his 4 older brothers and sisters were super smart neuro surgeons and stuff like that.  He also told us how many hours a day he was forced to have to do studies. 
A great guy, wish Idd kept in touch with him.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)