Topic: Shenandoah River Jam - This weekend

Low Water Bridge Campground - http://www.lowwaterbridgecampground.com/

Tell them you're with Derek Zurfluh's group and you'll get the cheap price but you'll have to set up with us yahoos.  $8/night/person, come or go when you need.  No need to be there the entire weekend.  I'm coming in on Thursday and leaving on Sunday if all goes as planned. 

This is meant to be a family friendly event.  Reasonable volume of adult beverages are expected, but shouting profanity from one end of the campground to another will not be appreciated.  I felt the obligation to say that, though I'd never expect trouble from any a-Chordie-an (which is why I've made it an open invitation here, but not elsewhere). 

Lots of rain yesterday, but supposed to be nice weather through the weekend.  Lots to do in the area if you're not into canoeing or fishing during the day. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Shenandoah River Jam - This weekend

Wow that sounds good. Unfortunately I'm about 6000 miles away, otherwise I'd be there like a shot!! Have a great weekend and think about us poor brits who are looking at wind, rain and temperatures of about 60 degrees this weekend. Certainly won't be camping!!

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

I wish I were closer.  This is just what I need.  Have fun guys.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

I wish I were closer.  This is just what I need.  Have fun guys.

Pete its the same with me,I saw the picture above and it looks like a nice place to camp,maybe someday we can get a western states get toghter camping trip going,I would like that alot.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'll be at Lake of the Ozarks with my family in mid-July.  If anyone wants to get together while I'm out there, try a message.  I might have some connection though can't promise it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'll be there in thought.  Pulled up the pics from last year,and it has me yearning even more to take the trip.  It's a good thing we didn't plan on it though as we've got pre-k graduation and dance recital this weekend. 

If anyone would like to view, my pics from last year's trip are still available here:  https://plus.google.com/photos/10354181 … 2145599217

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Maybe we can plan on it dino.  Lets see, we ave me in Utah, you in California, Bald guiutar dude in Vegas and I think someone in Wyoming.  Who am I missing.  Why don't you start a thread about a West Coast get together and we'll see what interest we can come up with.  We can at least talk about it.  Maybe it will develop.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

8 (edited by dino48 2012-06-14 20:36:36)

bensonp wrote:

Maybe we can plan on it dino.  Lets see, we ave me in Utah, you in California, Bald guiutar dude in Vegas and I think someone in Wyoming.  Who am I missing.  Why don't you start a thread about a West Coast get together and we'll see what interest we can come up with.  We can at least talk about it.  Maybe it will develop.

Pete we also have Jerome in Washington state and I think zguitar is in southern california,and there are a couple of others out there. We can keep our eye's out and see who else is close by.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman