Topic: What do you do for fun?

A customer of mine asked me this question and my response was "I don't get out much".  Weirdly, that's the truth. There are things I like to do but don't do them on a regular basis. During summer we are in a family bowling thingy. Other than that I work, check in on the computer for a couple hours or so when I get home, then there's always something to do around the house. Saturdays are filled with yard work, something with one of the cars, and the things I don't want to do after I get home during the week. Sundays it's church and all our grocery shopping. When I do find time to do what I want I'll end up napping because as soon as I sit down for a rest my body shuts down. I really have no life.

So I am posing this question to the Chordie nation. Not things you like to do, but things you ACTUALLY do for fun.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What do you do for fun?

Surfing and Paddling/fishing would be my two main things I do for fun.... Pretty much every weekend I'm doing one or the other.      Other than that, I build my jeeps. I don't know if I'd call it "fun" but I enjoy working on them and am constantly tinkering. I don't get to the trails as often as I'd like though....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey ZG, By manys' standards, not much of a life here either but...
I do like messing around in the yard, rebuilding the fish pond seems to be a regular treat.
Out camping when time permits but it's a lot like home -- do the necessities and as things wind down... a fire and a bit of noise on one of the guitars.  (generally there's beer involved smile
Cheers!
Jim

Aside from playing my guitars, riding my motorbike. Just got back from 5 days in Scotland with a couple of mates, which has some of the best roads in Europe.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Playing guitar .That`s my outlet. I work 12 hours a day, get very little time to myself. In that little time, I like to play guitar. Whether with a band or by myself. Yard work is work, I`m not one to go washing and polishing my cars. Playing is what I do for myself.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Fun?  Who has time for that?

I guess my guitar is my fun.  Everything else tends to revolve around the kids.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Z - right you are.. with all the day to day stuff who has time?!  So, I do try and make time ..  time to kayak, play some golf.. hang with some friends..  above all else - play guitar daily.  Also play at least a gig a week..  Sometimes, just hanging in front of a tv is great..    remember, all work and no play..  well, you know the rest.  I think making a to do list has to include fun..  once its on the list.. well, ya gotta do it !  Deb

Z described my life pretty well.  I enjoy paddling, hiking, biking, camping, fishing, photography, Bible study, reading fiction (Westerns), reading non-fiction (mostly natural histories and fishing).  I get to do these things... not much...for exactly the reasons Z Guitar already described. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Playing my guitar is one of my great fun things to do.  Now that I bought a motorhome this spring, I enjoy going camping very much.  I try to get out camping at least once a month. And my yard keeps me busy, which I also enjoy foe the most part.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm cursed with broad and varied interests.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

http://www.findaboat.co.uk/boating-news … 00x225.jpg

smile

Also dog training, reading bunches, cooking, and drunks on bikes (more on that soon).

play guitar,read,get some time on my computer. Try too exercise every day some tv and play and agrivate my cats. Also like too tinker with mechanical things.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Play guitar, shoot guns and DIY stuff.  I like fixing things.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Playing guitar,tuba,trumpet (just a little to waken folks across the creek from my houseboat in the mornings),motorcycling,sailing and hanging out with my grandson and all his tekkie friends.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Buzzwagon wrote:

Aside from playing my guitars, riding my motorbike. Just got back from 5 days in Scotland with a couple of mates, which has some of the best roads in Europe.

Jerry

Totally Jellous! tongue

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Other than spending time with my family my 3 main pursuits are "boatin" (paddlers slang for whitewater paddling in yaks, canoes or rafts), chasing smallmouth bass in streams and picking/songwriting. Close behind comes camping, hiking, bicycle riding, reading historical novels and sampling various adult beverages.  So far this month I've spent 7 nights camping, 9 days boating (7 of them with a fishing rod in the yak) and spending an hour or so nearly every day strumming a flattop. The songwriting has been suffering a little this month but I think every writer has periods like that.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Play guitar, read, run, travel, and laugh A LOT.