Topic: The best solo ever

What is your favourite guitar solo ever, post them here.

Re: The best solo ever

Cofident Man by Jeff Healy.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Crossroads.... By Cream...... Eric Clapton

Ark

little wing- Jimi hendrix
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

5 (edited by badeye 2007-06-26 00:28:15)

"Damn Right I Got The Blues" by Buddy Guy.

Check out "The Band"  The Last Waltz on DVD,when Eric Clapton and Robbie Roberston have a guitar battle. Two great solo's.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

a awesome guitar solo would have to be rik emmet playing rock and roll machine by triumph

I'm interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that appears to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom.
-- Jim Morrison

My fave has got to be ME playing the solo on Californication - RHCP. :L 

I'd agree with arkadys choice of Crossroads most days, other days I'd pick Badge or Strange Brew. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Sin - Stone Temple Pilots
All the solos in "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young

Wow.....

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

If I had to pick one it would be Gilmour in "Coming Back to Life"

Eruption - Eddie Van Halen

Shes only 18 - Red Hot Chili Peppers

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

David Gilmour on Dogs

13 (edited by scar540 2007-07-01 01:48:48)

Coheed and Cambria-Willing well IV: The Final Cut
that or Dragon Force-Through Fire and Flames

i got a few favourite solos.

a sax solo on "the gunners dream"
the guitar on comfortably numb by Pink floyd again
Guitar on Freebird by linnard skinard ( yes I know it is spelt wrong, please feel free to correct me again)
layla solo
and quite a lot of ac dc's solos, too many of them to mention

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey King! Lynyrd Skynyrd.(you asked for correction smile )
This weeks fav solo "That Smell" By Lynyrd Skynyrd and "Why does love have to be so sad" Derick & the Domino's (Duane Allman & Eric Clapton). Tastey!!

Bootlegger

bootleger wrote:

Hey King! Lynyrd Skynyrd.(you asked for correction smile )
This weeks fav solo "That Smell" By Lynyrd Skynyrd and "Why does love have to be so sad" Derick & the Domino's (Duane Allman & Eric Clapton). Tastey!!

Bootlegger

I would have to say just about every solo on the Derek and the Domminos alblum

what a long strange trip it's been

Hello PatrickJacques check out Eric Clapton's "Cross Roads
Guitar Festival" on DVD. It realy shows how great of a guitarst Clapton is. He plays alone and with guest like Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Hubert Sumlin, Jimmie Vaughn, B.B. King, James Taylor, J.J. Cale, Joe Walsh, Steve Vai,Jonny Lang and Z Z Top. Truly worth the price of this DVD. Clapton plays some Great solos.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I don't think this list would be complete without mentioning Mark Knopfler and the rendition of Sultans Of Swing from the `84 Alchemy tour.

All the other versions Dire Straits did after that tour had saxophone added to the arrangement, which just took away from Knopfler showing his magic.

looks like old slowhand eric is getting a lot of votes here.

So, I might as well mention aother one of his very veryfine solos that not a lot of people might knew that he done.
The song is by Roger Waters from pink floyd and got eric clapton on lead guitar.
the album and the song eric's great solo is called "The pros and cons of hitchhiking" he really makes te guitar go into an orgasm (if a guitar ever could) on this song.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hey there mr. badeye I will keep my eyes open for that DVD. speaking of Buddy Guy I have tickets to see him tomorrow night at the Montreal Jazz Fest. To my surprise when I got the tickets I found that George Therogood is the opening act. It will be a first time for me seeing both acts

21 (edited by badeye 2007-07-07 15:10:53)

Wow Patrick Jaques two artist I would love to see. I have about 10 songs of Sonny Terry and Brownie MaGhee On video at the Montreal Jazz Fest from 1970. Two great blues performers.
Man I would love to see Buddy Guy live. I envy you. Have a great time at the concert and let us know how it was.

Take Care...Badeye.

one caper after another

patrickjacques wrote:

hey there mr. badeye I will keep my eyes open for that DVD. speaking of Buddy Guy I have tickets to see him tomorrow night at the Montreal Jazz Fest. To my surprise when I got the tickets I found that George Therogood is the opening act. It will be a first time for me seeing both acts

The crossroads dvd is a definate must! Robert Cray and Robert Randolph totally smoke repeat totally SMOKE!

Bootlegger.

I agree Bootlegger that dvd is a must for any one liking blues guitar and guitar solo's. Always liked Robert Cray and his guitar playing. Very clean.

Have a good day...Badeye.

one caper after another

Yo Badeye, I am so frustrated all that I wrote a few minutes somehow got erased. Please excuse me as I am quite drunk right now. Just returned from a hell of hell of  a show. To my surpirse it was Bubby Guy who opened for George Therogood. Can no longer sit up strait . I will have to get back to you later. Say goodnight to old doll for me.

What the hell I will tell her myself GOOD NIGHT OLD DOLL

Can't go past upyerkilt's suggestion, David Gilmour on Comfortably Numb, played equally well live in any concert you can find a recording of. In my opinion you just can't beat that.