Topic: Fender will not be a publicly traded company.

Fender will remain a private company. They will not sell shares of stock. It was on the MSN website news. In case anyone was worried or wondering if this was going to happen or not, you can sleep at night now. In the article, it does tell the other companies they own. Gretsch, Takamine, Guild, that I can remember. Wow, I really do have too much time on my hands.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Fender will not be a publicly traded company.

Looks like Fender has alot of the guitar market wrapped up.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Looks like Fender has alot of the guitar market wrapped up.

True, almost like the GM of musical instruments. The 3 names I rattled off were just what I remembered off the top of my head.The article had more. They did start out as a musical instrument company.(unlike mitsubishi, a tuna fish company, 3 diamonds). At least it stays true to itself in that respect.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I think they own Jackson guitars too.

5 (edited by Buzzwagon 2012-07-21 07:17:36)

I understand that the reason they've pulled the IPO is that they now realise their bottom line is tied in with their customers and Guitar Centre are apparently into Fender for $48mm which kind of canes the market valuation and marks down the share price.

And Jx3 Leo Fender started out repairing radios, the guitars came a little later. I'm not sure they own Takamine but certainly Guild and Gretsch as well as Jackson, Charvel, Tacoma, DeArmond and of course not forgetting Squier.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Yaaaaaaay. Stay true to the mission of building instruments rather than selling out to fiduciary duty.

Spoken by a guy who has sold out to fiduciary duty. smile

Buzzwagon wrote:

I understand that the reason they've pulled the IPO is that they now realise their bottom line is tied in with their customers and Guitar Centre are apparently into Fender for $48mm which kind of canes the market valuation and marks down the share price.

And Jx3 Leo Fender started out repairing radios, the guitars came a little later. I'm not sure they own Takamine but certainly Guild and Gretsch as well as Jackson, Charvel, Tacoma, DeArmond and of course not forgetting Squier.

Jerry

Leo Fender started out repairing radio`s. Fender was always a musical instrument company. Never a radio repair co.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Buzzwagon wrote:

Jerry

Leo Fender started out repairing radio`s. Fender was always a musical instrument company. Never a radio repair co.

Sorry Jx3, Fender was originally a radio repair company, I guess you could argue that it was music related!

The company began as Fender's Radio Service in late 1938 in Fullerton, California, USA. As a qualified electronics technician, Leo Fender had been asked to repair not only radios, but phonograph players, home audio amplifiers, public address systems and musical instrument amplifiers. (At the time, most of these were just variations on a few simple vacuum-tube circuits.) All designs were based on research developed and released to the public domain by Western Electric in the '30s, and used vacuum tubes for amplification. The business also sidelined in carrying records for sale and the rental of self-designed-and-built PA systems. Leo became intrigued by design flaws in current musical instrument amplifiers, and he began custom-building a few amplifiers based on his own designs or modifications to designs.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Buzzwagon wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Buzzwagon wrote:

Jerry

Sorry Jx3, Fender was originally a radio repair company, I guess you could argue that it was music related!

The company began as Fender's Radio Service in late 1938 in Fullerton, California, USA. As a qualified electronics technician, Leo Fender had been asked to repair not only radios, but phonograph players, home audio amplifiers, public address systems and musical instrument amplifiers. (At the time, most of these were just variations on a few simple vacuum-tube circuits.) All designs were based on research developed and released to the public domain by Western Electric in the '30s, and used vacuum tubes for amplification. The business also sidelined in carrying records for sale and the rental of self-designed-and-built PA systems. Leo became intrigued by design flaws in current musical instrument amplifiers, and he began custom-building a few amplifiers based on his own designs or modifications to designs.

Jerry

If I am wrong I am wrong. I guess I am wrong.

Enjoy Every Sandwich