Topic: Forthcoming NGD

When I wrote my intro I told the story of my neighbor who played a Ovation 12 string.  She had told me since I was a kid that one day when she could no longer play it I would inherit it.  That day has come.  She can no longer fret the 12 and said that If I could make it to WV It was mine.  The closest I can get will be NC this week.  She agreed that my oldest brother could come to town and pick it up. (its only a 2.5 hour drive for him from Columbus Ohio) and he is coming to NC to see me and his niece and nephews.  So by Sunday I will be holding it  in my hands, barring she didn't change her mind.

I will post a picture as soon as I can.  I am also betting on having to do a good cleaning of case and frets, new strings  and such.  Ill be taking it to the music store I bought my first 4 guitars from to get it checked out and to see exactly what I have.  I cant wait to play it! tongue  big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Forthcoming NGD

Very cool!  Congrats -- I haven`t seen an ovation 12 since high school == a couple days ago...
As I recall, the harmonics just make it sing all on its own.
Enjoy
Jim

Congrats Scott. Only a 12 string sounds like a 12 string.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

yay!  Happy FNGD (future new guitar day).  Can't wait for pics!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Nice, beamer.  Youy lucky guy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Luck smiled down on you beamer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

ONLY a 2 1/2 hour drive?!?!?! Closer than you, but still a long drive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 6 strings give me enough trouble, I can't imagine adding 6 more.

Funny that her promise has been in the back of you mind for so long.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

ONLY a 2 1/2 hour drive?!?!?! Closer than you, but still a long drive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 6 strings give me enough trouble, I can't imagine adding 6 more.

Funny that her promise has been in the back of you mind for so long.

That's why I sold both of my twelve stringers long ago.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Very nice of her, and very nice for you.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

No pics yet, but its certainly a beauty! it has a classical style head stock.  Taking it to a music store to find out exactly what model I have and its value (value to me is priceless) but I would like to know what its worth.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Look online at ovation. They may be able to help. How does it play? Piece of advice. Use one of those flat rubber jar opener thingys to keep it from sliding off your lap.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

My friend Richard (The 'Doc') has an Ovation 12er which is a very nice guitar (mind you I still prefer my 70's Melody) and as Jx3 says you do need something to stop it slipping whilst sat down which is the only drawback of the rounded, composite back. His keeps in tune well but has has a built-in tuner for when it is needed.

Pictures are needed please.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"