Topic: olympics

Any chordian's watching the London games?  I've watched every one since i can remember. love the competition..

GO CANADA...    badeye    cool

one caper after another

Re: olympics

PORTUGAL!!

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I watch quite a bit of it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I have to say the opening ceremony made me proud to be British. Absolutely superb! The excitement here in the UK is at fever pitch, it's all anybody's talking about and its all over the TV. Fantastic!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I want to watch the rugby compition,I need to check the scedule too see game times.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Opening ceremony was well done. Great snapshot of british history

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Dino

I think i put u wrong on Rugby @ Olympics.
It`s @ the next olympics ( 7`s only )

The King Of Audio Torture

My daughter has been watching them all day.  I watched a bit of the opening and some of the soccer, but that's it.   My oldest is going to be in London in a few days just traveling.  I tried to warn her off of it, but she had to go.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Very disappointed if fully dressed women's beach volleyball. Just sayin'

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

yep topdown they are not going to allow any bikini's in the beach vollyball!!,that stinks!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

easybeat wrote:

Dino

I think i put u wrong on Rugby @ Olympics.
It`s @ the next olympics ( 7`s only )

Thanks easybeat I will check that out, sevens are ok.

dino48 wrote:
topdown wrote:

yep topdown they are not going to allow any bikini's in the beach vollyball!!,that stinks!

I actually think it's good.  Beach volleyball isn't nearly as exciting as the court variety.  The sand takes all the vertical out of the game.  On a court, they get way up high and spike almost every opportunity they can.  The game is way faster.  But it gets no airtime at all because they aren't in skimpy bikinis.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

13 (edited by arkady 2012-07-29 10:54:46)

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
topdown wrote:

I actually think it's good.  Beach volleyball isn't nearly as exciting as the court variety.  The sand takes all the vertical out of the game.  On a court, they get way up high and spike almost every opportunity they can.  The game is way faster.  But it gets no airtime at all because they aren't in skimpy bikinis.

There's really great coverage of all the Olympics games sports including beach volleyball. The team from the USA were sporting very nice bikini bottoms for the record smile and the rule seems to only loosely applied...
The BBC have about 20 live digital channels offering coverage of most major and minor sports in HD as they are played some with commentators and some without..
It's the most TV coverage any games has received.
Danny Boyle did a great job with the opening ceremony which probably you had to be British to appreciate fully.
Will be watching a lot of sport this week.
ark

Buzzwagon wrote:

I have to say the opening ceremony made me proud to be British. Absolutely superb! The excitement here in the UK is at fever pitch, it's all anybody's talking about and its all over the TV. Fantastic!

Jerry

Couldn't agree more! It was quite emotional watching it as I am from the UK. It seems to have generally gone down well across the globe, although it might have been a little difficult to understand for some. Going to see the diving next week!

**[b]no free ads on Chordie links removed Rh[/b]