Topic: Algarve Rock Choir

Many of you will seen, or heard, me mention the Algarve Rock Choir before well we had our first professional gig on Saturday at a 50th birthday party. We met at a coffee shop before the gig and gave the patrons a rendition on "Heart of Gold" and here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2Y9efikC4

I hope you like....

Roger

The vid was taken on an i-phone by someone who had not used one before and shot it as portrait instead of landscape but I managed to find software to rotate it. smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Algarve Rock Choir

Great Roger.  I enjoyed that.  I like choirs.  And add a guitar and you've got good music.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Many of you will seen, or heard, me mention the Algarve Rock Choir before well we had our first professional gig on Saturday at a 50th birthday party. We met at a coffee shop before the gig and gave the patrons a rendition on "Heart of Gold" and here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2Y9efikC4

I hope you like....

Roger

The vid was taken on an i-phone by someone who had not used one before and shot it as portrait instead of landscape but I managed to find software to rotate it. smile

well done roger,do most of the people know english in your town?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

One of my favorite N.Y.  Songs!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Nice!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

dino,  the place is infested with ex-pat Brits wink
We spent a week there a couple years ago - wasn't half long enough.
I keep agitating for a return tour.... one day.

Great choir Roger!
Jim

As Jim states there are many Brit ex-pats here but also many other nationalities too. In the choir we have mainly English plus Welsh, Scottish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Irish and German members.

We have a 4 piece band, Tiago (19) the best lead guitarist in the Algarve, his brother, Bruno (17) on bass, Yvonne (21+) on keyboard and myself on rhythm guitar.

Our Thursday evening 2 hour practice is great fun, we hold it in the basement of one of the members who puts on drinks for us at the midway break and makes some absolutely wicked cakes.

Roger

On my way, Roger! And very well done, too...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I should add that I also do HOG with my choir - I play guitar & harmonica. It's the only thing I can play on harmonica!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Roger Guppy wrote:

As Jim states there are many Brit ex-pats here but also many other nationalities too. In the choir we have mainly English plus Welsh, Scottish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Irish and German members.

We have a 4 piece band, Tiago (19) the best lead guitarist in the Algarve, his brother, Bruno (17) on bass, Yvonne (21+) on keyboard and myself on rhythm guitar.

Our Thursday evening 2 hour practice is great fun, we hold it in the basement of one of the members who puts on drinks for us at the midway break and makes some absolutely wicked cakes.

Roger

I will have too but that city on my travel bucket list,sounds like you would meet alot of interesting people.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Got a mention in a local paper smile.

http://algarvedailynews.com/community-n … ck-choirso

Roger

Guitarist Roger Guppy.  I am impressed.  Way to go roger.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

We are proud of you roger!

Thanks but in all fairness Tiago is a far better guitarist than I. He is the best lead guitarist in the Algarve.

Roger

well impressed roger, but are you reading the words from a sheet of paper stuck to the guitar?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I liked it; music is even better with others.  Good job Roger!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Phill Williams wrote:

well impressed roger, but are you reading the words from a sheet of paper stuck to the guitar?

I did have the words and chords taped on the side of my guitar only to find that I could not read it smile so I put my songbook on the table instead (big cheat).

Having just left the weekly practice I have been told that I am to to take the lead vocal for this song so I will now have to learn it by heart.

Roger

i didnt mean to embarrass you or pick you up roger, it's just something we've all done though as you say, i wouldn't be able to read anything that small now.

ah, learning the words of a new song...the bane of my existence! i'm trying to remember the words to since you been gone...the rainbow version, just love it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.