Topic: NPD

Nope, not a typo! This weekend was new puppy day for me. The ex is going to keep my other dogs and a home just isn't a home without a furry critter running around so I got a border collie puppy this weekend!

I drove from Vegas to Bakersfield to pick her up (which totally sucked, BTW) - and back the same night.

Since they're Scottish/English dogs I named her The Loch Ness Monster, but I think I'm just going to call her Nessie. She comes from fantastic working dog lines and seems to be a genius - she's responding well to training and understood sit, down, stand, up, and "house" (for going to her crate) in the first day!

She's currently sleeping in my lap while I work away at the office.

Pics forthcoming.

Re: NPD

Thank you BGD for this good news.  Can't wait to see the pics..  Sounds like its Nessie's lucky day..

Baldguitardude wrote:

Nope, not a typo! This weekend was new puppy day for me. The ex is going to keep my other dogs and a home just isn't a home without a furry critter running around so I got a border collie puppy this weekend!

I drove from Vegas to Bakersfield to pick her up (which totally sucked, BTW) - and back the same night.

Since they're Scottish/English dogs I named her The Loch Ness Monster, but I think I'm just going to call her Nessie. She comes from fantastic working dog lines and seems to be a genius - she's responding well to training and understood sit, down, stand, up, and "house" (for going to her crate) in the first day!

She's currently sleeping in my lap while I work away at the office.

Pics forthcoming.

bgd thats great,I think everone should have some kind of pet.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

4 (edited by bluejeep 2012-09-04 22:04:23)

I agree with ya BGD, a house just aint a home without furry critters to greet ya after a hard day at work. We have two papillons and a yorkie. I'd be lost without em. They give unconditional love. Happy NPD.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

How old is she>?  Unless I missed it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Happy NPD BGD. Lord knows, I could use some New P.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hooray for dogs!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

four dogs.    All pound pups or off the street. and I quit counting cats at 3 house cats. (I cant keep track of the ones we feed from the porch) not to mention one unofficial young raccoon  who has been coming around since a baby. 

I agree a house needs critters! (but damn the vet and food bills!)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

No house should be with out a dog. We had two for a few years and both passed away. My wife takes doggie deaths hard and announced we would not be getting a dog for a long while. Our whole family moped around for about a month and I kept seeing one of our deceased dogs out of the corner of my eye.

I suggested to my wife, about a month in, that we "just look..." We did and came home with a pup. The family felt better after and our house was whole again.

Congrats on the new roommate!

We just got a Maltese-Shitzu. Extremely playful, but not the smartest dog in the world. We had a Chow years ago. A very smart dog. Small dogs take some getting used to. We also have a cat from the shelter. Had it for 9 years. When we got it, the lady at the shelter told us that she was on death row and that was her last week at the shelter.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Happy New Puppy Day BGD!!  YAY for puppies!  They are so cute, but what a pain when they chew things they shouldn't and pee on things they shouldn't.  Speaking of which, Stevie needs to get neutered.  ugh!  But love them to pieces!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

For those of you on FB there's a pic on my page. smile

Border Collies are great dogs.  I wish we were home enough to have a dog, but we aren't.  sad

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Pete she's 4 months old. Sorry I missed that question earlier.