Topic: changing strings...

I usually change the strings on my guitars every 2-3 months which seems to work pretty well. But I recently got a new epiphone acoustic, which I play a lot more often now than my beginner alvarez. My question is, since I dont play the alvarez as much anymore could I change the strings every 5-6 months?
thanks in advance!

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Re: changing strings...

It depends on various factors.

One tip is to make sure your fingers are clean when you start playing, this will make the strings last longer and sound brighter.

Acoustic guitar strings tend to be brass wound as well. Here in forever damp England I notice that my acoustics' strings  always degrade faster than my electrics.
I don't know about the climate in Ohio!

I would guess that any set of strings are going to sound pretty dead after six months.

You could just trash the beginner's guitar though ...

Re: changing strings...

I considered trashing it, my neighbors wanted to burn it actually... but it does have a sentimental value, and I carry it around with me to family reunions and things where it has a high potential of being broken by little kids. The climate is unpredictable really. we have droughts and weeks of rain, I guess I'll just change the strings when/if I can tell that they're losing their tonal quality, thanks for your help smile

~Kori

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥