Topic: Possible to add chord variants?

First of all, since I'm delurking, thank you to Pere and all the others I see answering questions on the forums for all your hard work. This is an amazing resource, and I know how much work goes into it!

I'm a beginning ukulele player, working on a song in D major that has a quick change from Bm to D. I was looking for variant fingerings for that D chord, and found one online on another site that isn't one of the options when I am working with the song in Chordie.

Is there a way to add another variant fingering to the ones Chordie offers to choose from?

Thank you in advance, and I hope to be able to contribute more to this community!

Re: Possible to add chord variants?

For what it's worth, I see that Chordie lists Chord Finder as the source for its voicings, and the one I'm looking for does appear there.

If you left click on the chord grid of a chord it will show you the different fingerings for the chord.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I see that, but the one I want to use isn't there. I wanted to know if there was a way to add it in so that other players could make use of it.

Specifically, I'm looking at the D major chord, which is usually fingered 2220. This is tricky. An easier variant is 2225 (allows you to barre at 2) but I don't see that as an option when I click the D.

5 (edited by jgreen 2012-09-23 23:55:37)

You can edit the song in your songbook and include however you wish to play the chord for guitar-- I presume the same function is available for the Uke chord charts.  Check out the "show help" drop down for details.
NB spaces are significant if you don't type it right it doesn't work.
Good luck!
Jim