Topic: Ibanez...AEF37E/type of strings

Gidday....just purchased this electric/acoustic.....havent really played it yet....I,m an average "gat" player...mostly rythem,a little picking...Got into a discussion with a mate of mine about the type of strings I should put on it(it came with strings).....he suggested electric guitar strings......really dont know much about the differences.....not sure I really need to change them at all....would be interested in some info and insight into electric strings v/s acoustic electric.........kia kaha....rakuraku

Sir Edmund Hillary - "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

Re: Ibanez...AEF37E/type of strings

Acoustic strings will be better.  That's an acoustic guitar with electronics to amplify the sound.  It's not the same thing as an electric guitar. 

I'd recommend playing around with some different thicknesses and materials if you can.  My local shop has a discount bin.  I've also played around with some of the brand strings.  I've found that my Yamaha sounds best with D'Addorio Silk and Steel strings, my Guild sounds best with Elixir nano coated, and I'm still messing around with my Breedlove but I have found that it likes slightly thicker strings than my other guitars. 

Good luck.  Have fun.  Play hard.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

mate ...thanks for the info.....will do exactly that.....if anyone out there has the same gat,let me know what strings u use....much appreciated in advance.....kia kaha...rakuraku

Sir Edmund Hillary - "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

Martin silk and steel or Ernie Ball earthwood lights. Starting with an 11. I prefer the Ernie Ball because the strings are still one to a pack. Martin changed the packaging and I stopped using them.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I play D'addario phosphor bronze .13s on my acoustics.   I like the bright tone they provide (especially when new) and the resonance that the heavier strings provide.   When I'm done with this pack, I'll probably throw a set of .14s on just to see how they sound.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]