Topic: I am wondering what methods Chordie folk are using to record guitar pc

Can anyone recommend a cheap metod to capture my playing on to PC? 

I'd like a nice mic on a stand but I'm not too keen to unload too much cash before I have a go on the cheap.

Re: I am wondering what methods Chordie folk are using to record guitar pc

Hi Elliot and welcome to Chordie!  Have you perused the Recording section of the forum yet?  It's possible a mod from this section may actually move your thread there.  There's a ton of info there on recording your playing from the basics to setting up a virtual studio.  A lot of folks like the free Audacity software (or Garage Band if you have a Mac).  As for recording devices, they range from built in mics or simple computer mics and up.  I personally use my zoom recorder and then transfer the files to the computer and edit with Audacity if need be.  There are some pretty cheap options for recording, it all just depends on how much you actually consider cheap?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi elliot,

on the cheap....right! do you have a web-cam? if so you can usually use that for recording you wont even need a recording program as web cams usually have their own. it's a cheap fix and if you like the results you may want to progress. but before you go laying out your inheritance, check out the recording forum where you'll get all the info for what to get to make yourself sound professional.

ps welcome

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Elloit wrote:

Can anyone recommend a cheap metod to capture my playing on to PC? 

I'd like a nice mic on a stand but I'm not too keen to unload too much cash before I have a go on the cheap.

As above, Jerome is a wealth of knowledge and is a MOD for the recording section.  As to myself,,, Ill tell you a quick rundown.  I too am on the very cheap side of the coin; however I did invest in a few nice but inexpensive goodies. I bought a Berhinger studio mic (around 30 bucks but very good!) and the cable, + a Berhinger 8 channel mixer,, (about 45 bucks) I could get away with a 4 channel but wanted 2 phantom pwr channels. And then the required RCA patches.  I run the mixer right into my sound card.  This leaves the option open to mix mic and guitar separately into one channel or just use the mic to do the guitar then record vox on a sep track.  I use Audacity. I also have Reaper,, but have not figured that one out yet. Jerome will tell you that reaper is the better,, I fully agree with him, I just can’t seem to master it.  So Im still hoping for enlightenment on it.  For now I use audacity.

Ok that was probably clear as mud, but good luck!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

The great thing about Reaper is that it does everything.  The biggest drawback to Reaper is that it does everything.  smile

Do you have the manual?  It's actually a pretty good couch read, and it's free.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

The great thing about Reaper is that it does everything.  The biggest drawback to Reaper is that it does everything.  smile

Do you have the manual?  It's actually a pretty good couch read, and it's free.

I think so,

it just been a matter of time. also sometimes the instructions dont translate into actual useability for me,, I  am the  guy who once shown, the light bulb comes on and then I get what the words are trying to describe. Then it all gets easier from there,  just the first hurdle is the roughest.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

A photo would be a great help in identifying the instrument. There are instructions from Amy in a 'Sticky' at the start of the About Chordie section or is you are still unsure you can e-mail one to me and I will do it for you.

We offer RH302 Photoshop Tutorials for beginners.  Our [url=http://www.braindumps.com/CCNA.htm]ccna dumps[/url] Adobe Photoshop Tutorials and 646-985 guide cover basic concepts, layers, tools, colorizing techniques to help you become expert.main site [url=http://www.braindumps.com/]braindumps[/url] is a Beautiful this page [url=http://www.cisco.com/]CISCO[/url]  ,Best Wishes.