Re: Picks Around the World

Sent.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Cool - Glad to see the package resurrected and on the move again!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello folks,
              I just got back home today for a week off from work out west. My wife tells me a package turned up here for me a couple of weeks ago so I opened it up and sure enough, there were the Picks Around The World goodies. Havn't had a chance to have a good look through it all, but will do in the next couple of days.
First person to e-mail me requesting the Picks will be the next recipient.
Good luck.

Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Any chance you could post a picture of the contents? It would be interesting to see how it has changed.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Alvee took all the bourbon and chocolate coated peanuts out of it.  Of course, they were put in there specifically for him, but still! 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

G'day folks,
                We have a winner. I recieved an e-mail not long after my last post announcing the arrival of the Picks at my place so once I have had a chance to play with, add to, and subtract from the package, I will send it on.

Deadstring, the contents of the package has increased considerably since I last had it. I can take a photo and e-mail to one of the Chordians to post. (Any volunteers?) I am not sure how to post pics although I have been told a hundred times. Old age is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Zurf,  no peanuts or Bourbon in the package but heaps of other goodies.

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

If you e-mail the pic to me, I'll be happy to post it for you.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf,   I will get a photo or two off to you in the next day or so.
Thanks mate.

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

From Bushy via Zurf:
The Picks Around the World kit -

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Bushys-Picks/i-jZt99fh/0/M/Bushys-picks-M.jpg

"The guitars from left to right are- a Squire strat, a Samic Royale, a Maton 225EC, (my baby), an Ibanez Sage (my beater and traveller), laying down are an Ibanez 12 string and a no name Mando of Asian origin I think."

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Bushys-Picks/i-JbwSk96/0/M/Bushys-Guitars-M.jpg

Bushy himself.

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Bushys-Picks/i-Srbh3q4/0/M/Bushy-M.jpg

It's amazing how much the Pikcs Package has changed since it's first trip around the world! 

Hi Bushy!!!  smile  thank you for sharing the pics of the Picks (and thanks Zurf for posting!)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It was neat to see what I had put in and are still there.  For example, the nose flute.  Now, how can you see a nose flute at the music store and not put it into something like this?  It's just not possible. 

- Zurf

Amazing.  I notice some of the things are still there from long ago and there are a lot of new things. I'll bet the power peg thingy isn't in there the next time around.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Bushy and Zurph,
Thanks for going to the trouble to post the picture. The contents have changed a lot.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Cool to see how it's grown. I think it started with only picks. I'm diggin' it.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Zurf, thanks for posting the photos for me, very kind of you.

Pete, you will probably win the bet on the power peg thingy. I have never seen one before.

For the heck of it, I am playing a tune on each of the loose picks one at a time. This was a stupid idea, there must be hundreds of picks in the package but I will stick with it. I have also come to realise how important a comfortable pick is to your own playing style. Some picks are really quite difficult to play with.
I am rounding up stuff to add to the package, so it will be on its way again soon.

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

Wow, it sure has grown since I got mine.
Lots of goodies to pick through so I'm gonna have to jump in again. Have the maps been updated with tidbits of info on the receiver?

Doh.....I'll check the online map......Doh

Nice family of guitars you have there Bushy, I've never heard of a Maton, I'll have to check them out smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hello all,
            I did receive the picks from Jets some time ago and asked Chordians to e-mail me if they wanted to be next to get the picks. One person was first to e-mail me and I have replied asking for their mailing address. To date there has been no reply, so everyone that asked to be next should check their mail, and if they have mail from me, please reply.

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

What's happening lately? Is the package stuck somewhere or in transit? It's been a couple of years since I've seen it. It would be nice to have it again.

Peas Be With You, and Lettuce Spray,
dw

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

**Bump** a month later. *Bump**

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

Bushy been sick - he'll get around to it.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Hi all, sorry about the delay in forwarding the picks but I have had a few personal issues to deal with here lately.
I was in a guitar shop yesterday and looked around for things to put in the picks package, but found very little that was not already included. I will visit another shop next week in a different town and see what I can find to put in the package and hopefully get it sent off by the end of the week.
All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

Wherever this goes after bushy - I'm gonna break the rules and call ownership so that it is sent to me for chordiestock 2013. I'm sure the folks attending will enjoy seeing the package and we will likely have several items to add. So please, as the originator of this project, let me use my Supreme Powers and request that it is sent to me from whomever it was that receives it from bushy243!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I think that I was the first to respond - got an email from bushy way back before he got sick. I'm not sure if he's sent it yet, but if I get it, will add a few thingys and forward it.

Bushy, if you haven't mailed it yet, by all means, send it to Chordie-stock, and I will wait for another opportunity.

Thanks all,

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Hello Folks,
                whitewater55 was the next recipient for the picks but if I read the above e-mails correctly, Topdown has called in the picks (Supreme powers recognised) to show around at the Chordiestock get together at his place in February.
Tops, could you e-mail me your address and I will send off the picks package to you ASAP. Can I suggest that once you are finished with the picks, you send tham on to whitewater55 so he does not miss out all together.
Cheers for now
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"