Re: Lucky, I guess

All the very best, NELA...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I'm home from M D Anderson but expect to be notified any time that I have to go back. The issues with my condition is, per all the doctors, rare but can be overcome. It will be 30 days, tomorrow, since I was in the hospital for a heart stint. This stint was placed in the main artery to the heart and at that time my heart was only functioning at about 25%. It is now functioning at about 45% and seems to be getting srtonger, although my heart rate, at rest, is kinda low at 50bpm. The Cardio Doctor say's 30 days would be the minimum number of days prior to any kind of surgury. The 2nd issue is with my medication. I am taking a blood thinner, PLAVIX. This prevents blood clots and helps with my blood pressure. I have to be off the PLAVIX a least 5 days prior to the surgury or, per the doctors, they could be in for a "bloodbath" and the risks extremly high that I would pull thru. Next is the size of the mass they have found on my kidney means that they need to cut me from breastbone to navel. The mass is 12 to 14cm's. Next is that when they do the surgury they need to do a biopsy on the lymph nodes around my lungs. They want to do this the same time as they do the kidney surgury and I would only need to be off the blood thinner medication one time. Late Thursday afternoon, the Cardio Doctor told me he was comfortable that everything was in my favor for the surguries to take place. He was to consult with the other doctors, involved, on Friday and I would know something early next week. Best case would be for me to come off the PLAVIX on Monday and have the surgury the following Friday. I'll let ya'll know how things progress.

NELA

That sounds encouraging.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nela I hope things will get better soon!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sounds like they know what they're talking about and they've taken everything into consideration.  That's good.  Slicing ya from breastbone to navel doesn't sound great though.  On the other hand, once they're in there, if there's anything that needs to come out they'll be able to see it and take care of it right then and there.  That IS a good thing.  We're all keeping you and the doctors in our thoughts here!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Going to Houston for a "Pre-Op" meeting with the doctor, tomorrow. Surgury should be sometime, next week.

Nela

God bless you, and good luck.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

God bless and keep you thru this trial...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I wish you well my friend.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Surgury scheduled for November 9th.

Nela

Best of luck.  Once you're well enough, please write to tell us how you are.

Nela we are all watching and hoping that all comes out well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Finally I'm home. Got home Friday afternoon around 4:00PM totally exhausted fron the 6+ hour drive from Houston, Tx.

Sugury started 1:30PM Friday afternoon (11/9/12) and was to be a 2 1/2 hour procedure. At 5:00PM my wife said the doctor came to the recovery room and told her I was stable and being placed in an ICU Recovery room and that they would get her back to me ASAP. At 6:00PM the doctor was back telling my wife that I had "crashed" and would need futher surgury. At 1:00AM Saturday morning (11/10/12) I was finally stabilized and my wife allowed to be with me. This was nearly 12 hours of surgury, 19 1/2 units of blood and the loss of my left kidney, spleen, a very tiny portion of the tip of my pancreas and related work in and around fatty tissue on my colon. The doctor had forewarned us that this surgury could tubn into a "bloodbath" and it appears that he was right. Ritght now I tired and sore so I will post more, later in the day as I get rested.

NELA

You were "this close".  Once that stuff is well into your pancreas, things go from bad to worse quickly.  Thank God the doctors caught it early and knew what to do.  I'm sorry you had it to go through, but pleased that you are home and recovering.  Follow the program and get well. 

- Zurf

I think we all know what you will be thankful for later this week. Glad to hear that you're on the mend and back home.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

glad too see you made it nela,really hope you feel better soon.

Good to see you back in here Buddy. Hope you recover well.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I hope that you are soon feeling better, it sounds like its been a rough one for you (and a worrying one for your better half) and I am pleased you have weathered the storm.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"