Topic: Election

I know, I'm treading thin ice here, but as a moderately interested observer from the Great White North, what is the consensus here regarding the November 6 vote?

I'm not really a pot-stirrer, but I am curious about preferences, and the why's.

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Re: Election

The 1st thing that comes to mind is never invite Meatloaf to sing America. lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

The 1st thing that comes to mind is never invite Meatloaf to sing America. lol

LOL

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"

Well, I'm pretty sure that either President Obama will be re-elected or former Governor Romney will be elected.  Neither gets my vote because I can't in good conscience vote for either one.  But, I'm pretty sure it's going to be one or the other to take it.  My opinion is that it doesn't much matter which, we're in for a rough ride.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I voted yesterday,Wisconsin has absentee options and I agree with Zurf that one of the two candidates will win I hope its my choice but if not I will live with it,I dont believe America will fall apart what I do believe is we will find a way as we always have in hard times to pull in the same direction but its a far different world we live in then when I was younger. Today everything that happens anywhere on this planet effects everyone in some way were a global community a financial crisis in Europe affects not only ours but everyones economy because of trade and the value of currency I dont fear for America we are more then able to sustain without imports if need be.

I am holding out on my vote,I can still be bought for the price of a Martin D28.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sorry, I only have a D35, and I don't make change...

I'll keep my Gibson's , Martins, Guns, Freedom, & You can Keep The Change !

Later, Wayne P

May the best man win, hopefully.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

May the best man win, hopefully.

The best man isn't on the ballot because he didn't run.  That's the one benefit to having a monarchy.  Eventually, every once in a while, you might get someone as King or Queen who is wise enough not to want to the job. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

This is precious Meatloaf singing "America the beautiful" Im still laughing lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IETlTip … detailpage

Meatloaf did not do himself or anyone else,he needs a tune up or too stay away from that song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

whitewater55 wrote:

I know, I'm treading thin ice here, but as a moderately interested observer from the Great White North, what is the consensus here regarding the November 6 vote?

I'm not really a pot-stirrer, but I am curious about preferences, and the why's.

Randy

We're freakin screwed no matter who wins.

bunbun wrote:
whitewater55 wrote:

Randy

We're freakin screwed no matter who wins.

Indeed.

http://tintower.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/futurama-politics1.jpg

Although I gotta admit, having Jack Johnson as Pres would be pretty cool.  He'd put an end to all of this divisiveness outright.  Because the man plays a Cole Clark Fat Lady, and makes her sing...  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Didn`t Linus say there are 3 things you don`t discuss in public. POLITICS, Religon and the Great Pumpkin

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I agree with Zurf.  Someone will win, neither are the best, we all likely have an opinion on which is the better of two evils. 

We are a middle class Union family here... so there's traditionally only been one choice and it's a party line, not a person.  I wish it didn't come down to that though, I haven't been happy with anyone running since the first election I was old enough to vote in.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have not voted yet I am still waiting for someone too "Bribe" me with a new Martin D28.

Had I bribed you with my old Hofner, you still would have come out ahead sad