Topic: Sandy

I hope you guys across the pond are all battened down, with plenty of supplies (beer) in and keep safe when Sandy hits you.

Take care, Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Sandy

Looks like my friends on the east coast will be getting hammered,I was hoping it would go more out too sea but looks like Frankenstorm will get them. I am glad my sons in georgia and s.carolina got passed pretty much on this one. My oldest is getting ready to go too the states above them as he is a electrical lineman and they get called too other states often.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have extra AA batteries for my pignose amp, My tuners are all set to go.We have an old fashioned coffee pot that you use on the gas stove. Non dairy powdered creamer. My day off is tomorrow. I am ready for any emergency.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Well, it's been pretty quiet in Virginia so far.  We're getting rain and wind of course, but not like what we were told to expect.  The worst is yet to come for us.  I hope all our Chordians in the Delaware, New York, New Jersey area are able to remain safe and relatively comfortable. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Yeah, good luck everybody and I hope you stay safe. Just been looking on the news and it looks like it could be pretty bad out there.

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

I wish the best for everyone in its path.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

We're watching the trees sway and waiting to lose power.  Each hour with it feels like a blessing.  This song seems to fit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Hooooooweeee.  It's getting wicked out there.  I'm surprised that we still have power.  This may be my last post for a while as I expect to lose power any moment.

we're getting pounded with rain and high winds in upstate NY but Long Island is really in bad shape.  Tide is rolling in to houses

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It`s all quiet now. I ended up with a lot of leaves and one halloween ornament down. Lucky for me. I had 4 trees cut down back in july. They can`t fall if they are gone

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Well, we're a dozen or so hours before it's supposed to end and things are all calm outside.  We still have power.  There is a bit of flooding in our town.  I'm sure it's serious to the few folks affected, but from an overall regional perspective the flooding is not extensive or severe.  A few road closures and that's about the extent of it for my town. 

I hope others have fared well. 

- Zurf

Me made it through with a little damage to a front yard tree and mailbox. Never lost power although it did blink a few times.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

The news shows extensive flooding, an electricity sub station shorting out, severe snow falls and reports of 18 deaths with possible more to be reported.

Hope all Chordians and their families are OK.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Glad too see some of the members are doing ok,hope the others are alright,we are seeing alot on tv here and it really looks bad.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

15 (edited by Russell_Harding 2012-10-30 21:18:20)

This video was shot from the space station click on the lower right to play it full screen its awesome
http://news.discovery.com/earth/space-s … 21030.html

"Growing old is not for sissies"

No major problems here in western Virginia. We got a little bit of snow and rain. More snow is predicted for tonight with very low temps. Prayers going out for those who suffered losses due to this storm.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hope all you Chordies in Eastern USA and Canada are doing OK through this terrible storm. The news media as seen from down here in NZ just repeats all the big networks reports and footage, but that just glosses over the real suffering of the ordinary guy in those parts of the storm path. Thnking of you all.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

I have friends in Sarnia, ON on Lake Huron, and he shot some video of 15-20 waves crashing in. 20 foot waves on a freshwater lake - amazing. 85 MPH winds.

Looks like he and his family are fine. Down here in Windsor, we got 50MPH winds, and heavy rain, and damn, it got cold. It's all done now, moved way up north.

Hallowe'en appears to be saved for the kiddies.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Friends nearby lost power, the wind blew pretty good, but we were fine here.  Never lost power and thank GOD we didn't get the storm here as bad as they were predicting.  I guess just a bit south did, and of course it seems NYC and NJ are still under water.  Crazy.  Hope any of our friends in that area are safe!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy glad you and your family are ok!!

In the back lot, all the leaves blew away. I don`t know where they went. I don`t care where they went. The storm actually saved me raking

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Not bad in my area.  40 mph winds and 4" of snow.  Kind of like getting typical winter weather 2 months early. Lots of tree branches to be cleaned out of the back yard but that's about it.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those folks that got hit hard further east.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs