Topic: Hard Decision

I sanded the neck on my HD-28 to a satin finish. I have been wanting to do this for several years , just worried about hurting the value or having it not look too good. It turned out so nice, I wish I hadnt waited so long.
    I went to the hardware store and purchased the finest steel wool they had and slowly removed the clear poly finish. I just sanded lightly with the steel wool and if you didn't know it you would think it was an original satin finish.  The original finish was too thick and sticky. It was thick enough that a capo had left dents in it.

She is a Keeper !http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/wlbaye/photo2.jpg

Later, Wayne P

Re: Hard Decision

It looks really good! Nice Job! wink

Tip of the week: stay CLEAR of cybermen!!!

P.S. I will try to change this every week at the longest

Make it yours.  Leave your mark.  That's the way to do it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Mighty nice Wayne!  I would have been a little scared too, but heck... you bought it and paid for it, do it up cowboy style!!!!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Mighty nice Wayne!  I would have been a little scared too, but heck... you bought it and paid for it, do it up cowboy style!!!!  smile

wayne as long as it will not affect the sound you will still have a guitar too make you a top notch guitarslinger!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

How is the speed of the neck? Has it improved?

Awesome move!
First thing I do to all the necks on my guitars.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I have thought about this for my SG and the V.  Got the Idea from this guy, he has some other cool info, of course there is always disagreement in YT land, but you can follow his links for some other ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGz6IZ9BFI

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)