Re: Ovation Guitars

I bought an Ovation guitar way back in the 70's for $600 in NZ,it was a celebrity model,loved it for many reasons,except for one flaw which was quite common then,and that was the neck where it joined at the main body of the bowl had dropped by so many minute inches which was enough to affect the sound and playing ability,got it fixed but was never the same.Have come across some good models of them though and since time no doubt would have bought about big changes to playability etc.Can always wind up with a lemon though like new cars as well.

Gidday tauekimillie

Good to see another kiwi on chordie.

The King Of Audio Torture

As my not to long ago post for NGD showed, Im a big Ovation fan!  back around 93 I found its cusin.  A Kamen SPS that I found at a guitar/pawn shop.  It was made in Mexico, stamped as a second,, it has an imperfect finish on the neck and some other minor stuff,, I traded my Fender tele and a crybaby for it.  It has been my road guitar for 18 yrs and sailed around the world curtasy of the USN.  I recently inheareted a Ovation Pacemaker. It is 37 yrs old and THE BEST 12 STRING! easier to play than my Fender 12.   As to the round backs, it takes slight getting used to but honestly It has never been an issue for me.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

more information about Ovation can find here: http://www.ovationguitars.com/

Welcome to Chordie SerhioBusk.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I just ordered a dj ashba demented series ovation acouatic electric guitar, does anyone know if this guitar is good, I've heard it is from different reviews but I just want to make sure it is good and just want to know the comfortability of it and I the sound is nice plugged in and unplugged, give me your thoughts

its an ovation no matter whos name is on it. you wont be sorry.  I love my pacemaker! and my Kaman 6 string.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Awesome, thank you! im pretty excited about it ive heard alot of great things about it !

I just aquired an Ovation Ultra 1527, but I can't seem to find anything about that model.  I've been to all the usual websites to try to determine the age, etc., but nothing seems to come up.  Anybody got any suggetions?

http://www.ovationfanclub.com/files/prices.asp

Acording to this you guitar was built between 86 and 90.  Hope this helps.

I have an 1992 Ovation Elite Adamas which I bought new. It has a very shallow back. I actually like the rounded back for easy of play while standing. The guitar can be turned facing up slightly.
The tone of this style guitar is different then most guitars since it doesn't have 1 large opening for projection of sound, it has several smaller holes positioned above and below the strings. When plugged in as an electric/acoustic it has a much richer sound. I recently purchased a 2007 Ovation Legend series with 1 large hole and improved electronic Pro EQ. The body is a mid bowl back, that is definitely wider than my Elite, but the sound projection for acoustic play is amazing to say the least. I would definitely recommend this guitar to any type of acoustic or electric/acoustic play.
Enjoy your quest!