1 (edited by dino48 2012-12-05 02:03:18)

Topic: Marley ....

drink ,I have been hearing some talk of a new drink associated with the name on it and it is causing some proplems.anyone here know the full story. It has a picture of Bob Marley on it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Marley ....

Saw this on Yahoo:  http://music.yahoo.com/news/nj-students … 18923.html

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Thats pretty bad,they take away coke, pepsi, etc. then give the kids drinks too buy on school grounds that make them sick!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I almost bought some the other day. A bottle of Diet Coke looked better instead.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I don't understand the whole soda machines for students thing anyway.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I have tried it.  Didnt taste bad and didnt make me sick but I am also not a child

So Red Delicious

Zurf wrote:

The govenment is trying too keep the kids from drinking sodas,so they have been taking it off the school areas. They want too put there noses in on most our own freedoms and they can not even run the country right.

I have never seen the Marley drink,, but have tried Purple stuff, http://www.mypurplestuff.com/

I thought it was ok, drank it on my way home so that I could get to sleep b4 5 am.  I have treid the chamomile tea and Melitonin, Which is in Purple stuff.
In kids What did they expect?? its a relaxation and sleep aid? "HEY LETS DRINK THIS B4 MATH AND SOCIAL STUDIES!"  The report didnt say it but I'm willing to bet a pack of guitar strings most of the sick ones had not eaten very well or eaten junk food (pack of chips) and then slugged one of these drinks down. I know around here they only have 40 min +/- to get lunch and get to class.
oh well as noted ^  Its not ment for kids.  But if they are sick  one of the first home remedies  in Tx is  Manzanilla Tea---AKA  chamomile,, but its sipped, not slugged.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Zurf wrote:

Not sure by your post if you're for or against soda machines for students.  Meaning:  You don't understand why they are allowed, or you don't understand what the big deal is.  (It's a rhetorical question.)

Regardless, I was in high school from the fall of 1980 thru the spring of 1982.  It was during that time that the school district banned soda machines and replaced them with "healthier" fruit juice machines.  I even remember the brand:  "Juice Bowl".  It wasn't even real fruit juice;  it was more like Kool-Aid.  The sediment in those cardboard (!) cans was scary.

I'll just say this:  Compare the sugar/calorie content of (real) fruit juices to sodas and you may be surprised at what you find.  Yeah, I know, vitamins and minerals, blah, blah, blah.  But I mean . . . really?

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I meant I didn't get why they thought it would be a good idea in the first place.  I guess I don't mind that they're there in middle school and up.  No strong feelings one way or another, but it just seems odd to me that schools generally have a no eating or drinking in class rule, and then have machines offering food and drink with only four minutes to get between classes.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

When I was a kid we had only one choice - water fountains in the hall.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs