1 (edited by Astronomikal 2012-12-09 03:59:28)

Topic: Your Christmas Wish List (2012)

It seems like we have one of these threads each year, but I haven't seen one yet for 2012, so I figured it is time to start one.  What would you REALLY like to have Santa bring to you this year?

Personally, I'm pretty well set on guitars and other musical stuff, but I have a few guns in my sights (pun intended).

>  Glock 23 - .40 caliber.  I need a CCW with a bit more stopping power than the one I currently carry.  Personal defense.
>  Assault Rifle, probably an AR-15 (5.56) because MOST AK-47's (7.62) are throw-away weapons (read:  crap).  Will have to do more research, but I like the Sig Sauer.  Home defense.
>  Taurus Judge Magnum.  I shot one of these recently.  A gun which fires BOTH .45 caliber bullets and .410 shotgun shells is ultra cool.  Home defense.  (Can't have too many.)

In reality, I won't get any of them, but that's why it's a wish list.

What about you?

Late Edit:  BUT . . . as in years (and threads past) if I had a musical wish it would still be this:
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electri … ng-SG.aspx
And I STILL don't know why.  If money were no object, I'd have it tomorrow.
(Good guns are generally cheaper than good guitars.)

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Re: Your Christmas Wish List (2012)

A bottle of 1957 Bowmore single malt whisky, but given that it is worth about $200,000, I'll settle for a 12 year old Glenlivet at $60. Other than that i just want health and happiness for my friends and family.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Tascam DP-24 digital recorder.  8 tracks live in a portable unit.

Kel-Tec KSG.  17 rounds of 12 gauge in a bull pup configuration.  Oh yeah.

That's really kind of it.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Well Santa visited our Rock Choir Christmas concert last night so I told him that as I have been a really, really good boy this year could I have a really bad woman for Christmas. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'm still waiting for the Pickles Per lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

A little fly fishing gear.  I'm in need of upgrading the quality of my reels, and one each of 7 weight and 8 weight line replacements would be nice.  Plus a bass tapered 6 weight line and spare spool.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

there is really nothing I need.  A Gretsch White Falcon (original one,not the reissue) is out of the question. I definitely don`t need any more equipment. Or my dream car. An Austin Healey 300 mkII. Or the money to get the tattoo on my other arm that I wan`t.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have been a good boy so I ordered a new RCA 24" TV to go with my new blueray player I will use my old 19" Philllips as my new monitor for the music pc recording program the downside is I maxed out my Walmart credit card but what the hell you only live once lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

I'm still waiting for the Pickles Per lol

We should all chip in and buy the moderators and admin pickles for xmas,they deserve it for protecting us from the spammers!!.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Roger Guppy wrote:

Well Santa visited our Rock Choir Christmas concert last night so I told him that as I have been a really, really good boy this year could I have a really bad woman for Christmas. smile

Roger

Could you send your santa my way,I would like too get one of those ladies also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

11 (edited by dino48 2012-12-10 02:16:17)

Astro my brother in law has a taurus like that, it is awsome,I have a taurus 357 mag  I like alot. I would like too have a Martin D-28 but no one will get it for me,so I have too keep on saving for it. I would like too have a years worth of good homemade cooked meals,I am getting tired of my own cooking.

I used to have a Taurus 669 .357.  I'd like that back for Christmas, too.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

One can never have enough guns and ammo but I chose to have a NGD as an early present. A Vox ssc33. These

guitars never really caught on for some reason but I really like it. Solid single cutaway with 2 COAX pickups.

Single coil and hum all in one. Will try to post a pic. If one gets an early present can one also have one on

Christmas Day? I'd really like one of those ladies too as I have been a good boy most of this year.;) wink

Our intuitions serve us well

There's nothing I really want, although some water in my local fishing streams would be nice.

Instead of buying me gifts, I would prefer my family members donate to a local food bank.

For 30 years I've been telling my kids there's one thing I would really like, but so far I have never got it ............. Peace On Earth.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

For 30 years I've been telling my kids there's one thing I would really like, but so far I have never got it ............. Peace On Earth.

DE

Unfortunately your kids can't give you this present. Great idea with the food bank.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

dino48 wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

Sorry guys, my husband already got the last one.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

17 (edited by dino48 2012-12-19 20:41:01)

mekidsmom wrote:
dino48 wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

Just my luck!! Guess roger and I will have too wait for another one.

Dino, we will have to go to Florida in February and check Jim's, maybe he'll share. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Dino, we will have to go to Florida in February and check Jim's, maybe he'll share. smile

Roger

sounds like a plan!

mekidsmom wrote:

We'd all be lucky to find a gal like Amy. Reminded me of this John Prine Lyric (from It's a Big Old Goofy World):

She'd sing like an angel, and eat like a bird
And if I wrote a song, she'd know every single word

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I agree with that topdown,ladies like her are hard too find!