Topic: I need a bigger house

We have enough bedrooms for all of us, and the remodeled kitchen and family rooms are very comfortable and inviting to spend time in.  It's a terrific neighborhood with wonderful amenities near by.  The schools just can't be beat.  Plus, we've got more than 1/2 the value of the home as equity so which is a good feeling.  Still.  I need to move.

Edit: Whoops that didn't work well.  I tried to start a new paragraph and ended up posting.  Anyway, the reason we have to move is because I went into my favorite music store - Picker's Supply in Fredericksburg, Virginia.  It's kind of a bluegrass, folk, country kind of specialty store.  Anyway, as I went in there were three vintage doghouse basses up against the wall.  I reached for one and my wife sternly said "No!"  She followed up with "Not until we get a music room where you can fit one of those, and our house isn't big enough for a music room."  So we have to move.  It's sad, really.  I have such great neighbors.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: I need a bigger house

Sounds like you should not go into stores that have guitars with the wife,maybe you can just add another room or two.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Oh, if I had the skills like NELA or Topdown or Wlbaye...  But I don't.  I only know how to write checks.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I was gonna say "lose the wife, buy the bass", but I like your wife and divorce is real expensive, after which, you likely could not afford the bass.

So, I guess the best solution is toss one of the kids out!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Convert your garage into a music room. Problem solved!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Or do what my son does for his rock band - rent a bit of space in a deserted warehouse really cheaply, in a location where noise dont matter. Add some accessories like a couch and a beer fridge, and its as  good as home!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Better than that just get a outdoor 10x8 ready made shed. one of the nice ones. run electricty, insulation, dry wall, finish out how you like, put in a window unit for summer and a ceramic heater for winter.  best little studio and it can move when you do.  (I am working on one of these myself.)  this is just an example.  http://www.lowes.com/pd_383725-57658-18 … facetInfo=

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I can sympathize Derek. My music room used to be the family room. Now a bunch of instruments, a drum kit and amps have taken over it. The reason I bought this house was because of the finished basement. The other option could be to keep everything in one corner.The only drawback is that it has to be unpacked and repacked each time you use them.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Zurf,

It took no skills,  just had to write a check for the Bigger House. Liz and I moved to the Black Hills of South Dakota. I now have a 15 X 25 music room , great neighbors and milder weather. It was a big move for us but , we have been so happy since moving, I am counting my Blessings each day smile

It also took a lot of luck to get our house in Wyoming sold at the opportune time.

Later, Wayne P

Sounds to me like you need to move Zurf.  Or at least try the shed thing.  That sounds good.  Although the money you pay for the shed would by a nice Martin.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I've got two sheds and no garage.  The only reasonable solution is to win the lottery and buy a large house alongside a fishing creek or river and to make sure it has a music room.  I don't see how it could possibly work otherwise.  I guess I better buy a ticket.  Winning the lottery also wouldn't hurt when it comes to paying for one of those basses.

topdown wrote:

I was gonna say "lose the wife, buy the bass", but I like your wife and divorce is real expensive, after which, you likely could not afford the bass.

So, I guess the best solution is toss one of the kids out!

LOL, might be the best solution,as they are at the age when they know everything like we where at that age. No divorce!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yep, that's the ticket Zurf.  A well thought out plan indeed.  I'm behind you a hundred percent.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

As someone going through a divorce, I can attest to the benefits of bachelor life. My music room has 3 bedrooms and two full baths with 1400 square feet and ample wall space for my entire collection.

I am in the middle of turning our entire basement into my "man cave."  This is under the total recommendation and with the approval of the wife.  My "studio" (our third bedroom) as she has called it;  has been determined to be returned to use as a spare bedroom for when the grandkids and family come over, so full speed ahead on the basement remodel.  Doing it all myself; it is going slowly, but it is going.  My new digs will include an HD projector which has been ordered; my music area; my office area; a bar; and my workshop on the back side of the basement.  Wife even suggested that future plans should include a bathroom!  She is being really great about this as she knows it will give me all kinds of room to occupy myself during these long, cold Ohio winter days.  When I retired, I had visions of spending considerable time in a warmer climate during the winter, but she likes the cold and doesn't want Florida trips like I do.  I think her real idea is that if I have enough play area, she will have to put up with me less and I will be less inclined to suffer seasonal depression when I can't get outside to play golf, fish etc.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

LUCKY GUY!  WISH I HAD A BASEMENT LOLOLOL!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Since my kids all left, there's just Jen and me with 5 bedrooms.  Zurf, why don't you buy the doghouse bass, ship it to me and then come visit and play it anytime you want?  Even at current gas prices it probably would be cheaper than paying someone to build on to your house.

Another option would be for me to come and help you build on a room.  20 years ago when I built my house it took me 14 months working on it part time to build the house, breezeway, 3 car garage and 1400 sq. ft. of deck.  However at the speed I work these days, it might take that long to just build a room.  Even if I just work for beer it might be more reasonable for you to consider my first option.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Well you're welcome here anytime DE, but if you come I won't make you swing a hammer.  There's not much room to grow except up on my little lot.  Growing up would probably require improvements to the foundation, which is getting a bit pricey.  Nope.  I think I've got to move, or take you up on your first offer.

Ha.  I just got this funny image in my mind of us floating down the river in your raft playing music with me playing a doghouse bass in the back seat.

I like the shed idea...;)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI7y9ivs5Y[/url]  lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyW2SEHfzM[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WeJjPLqyQ[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcYALHslEY[/url]