Topic: So, the world ends on Friday?

The Mayan calendar ends on Friday, which heralds the end of the world (as we know it) As it happens, that's very inconsiderate of the Mayans, as I have a dental appointment and I'm not sure if I should cancel, as they made no specific time of said END OF THE WORLD.

With all the terrible stuff that's happening in the world at this time, why would grown-up and apparently adult people make such stupid and inane statements? Do they enjoy creating panic? I wonder how many people have gone out and maxed their plastic in the knowledge that they wont have to pay it back?

Back to more serious matters, my condolences to all those affected by the massacre this week. How sick can any one get that they need to go out and kill children?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: So, the world ends on Friday?

The only day you ever know you're going to live is today, and there's no promises that you get all the way through it.  Still, we plan for the future if we are wise.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The people who found that calander were guessing,nothing scientific about it. Ya that was a really sick person who did the shooting,too bad no one saw it coming and tried too stop him.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I for one am glad. I could use a nap.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

We can not let it end there are to many football games coming up!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

If the Mayans were able to figure out when the end of the world was going to be, wouldn't they have been able to figure out how to not go extinct?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m on vacation this week. If the world does end. I don`t want it to be while I am putting dorito`s up on a shelf in the supermarket

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

NASA released a video a few days early, probably in the hopes of preventing a few people from doing stupid things because they thought he world was going to end.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 … &pos=3

The video is a bit dry, so in case you don't want to watch it, the message is:  Yes, the Mayan calendar does end on 12/21/12, but like some other calendars (ahem .. OURS for example?), it starts over again.  In fact, the Mayan calendar has "ended" several times before.

So, sorry to disappoint some people, but if the world DOES end on 12/21/12, it will be a coincidence.  A dam BIG coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless.

Now, assuming we all survive, there is something else coming up which is not being widely reported.  According to the final episode of the "X-Files", the Alien Invasion will occur on Saturday, December 22nd, 2012.  That's right, the day after 12/21/12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLN6yyzhVZs

So, the take home message is:  Even if we do survive the Mayan apocalypse, we're doomed anyway.

Have a wonderful day.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

hey zguitar, wasn't it the spanish that extinctified the mayans? then again, i suppose if they could see it coming they wouldn't have welcomed them, would they?

The calendar on my door ends at 12-31-12. Does that mean that it bys me an extra 10 days?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

It is all a matter of interpretation, The Mayan's did not predict the end of the world but the end of time as we know it. Haven't got a clue what it really means they were far to clever for my small brain. One translation says that the time change means a change for the good in the world and that we all will become more understanding and tolerant of each other and there will be more peace and harmony in the world. I dont know about anyone else but I like this idea o lot more than the doom and gloom prophetsy. It can all start with one person.
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, peace and love to all.

WolfMan x

Sure, the Redskins (an American Football team for those who don't know) have a good chance to make the playoffs for the first time and I don't know how many years and what happens? The world comes to an end a week before the end of the season. It only stands to reason.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/524954_480280768704667_74555223_n.jpg

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

we shouldn't gloat....but i've just got to say...

I TOLD YOU SO

I've been saying the same thing!  Enjoy!  Oh by the way, the new Mayan Calendars are out, the only problem is that they wreak havoc on your walls when you try to hang them up.  wink

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg