1 (edited by naolslager 2012-12-24 13:11:58)

Topic: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Wishing all my Chordie friends the best for the Holiday season and 2013.

I've just read the book "How Music Works" by David Byrne (of Talking Heads). I recommend the book as it gives a pretty good response to the title of the book. I plan to write a book review to meet a January 7th deadline. (I can share it here if anyone is interested.) But for now I'll leave you with this to consider as you polish your New Year's resolutions for 2013.

"Before recorded music became ubiquitous, music was, for most people, something we did." ("did" is italicized in the original to show emphasis.)

Byrne, David (2012-09-12). How Music Works (Kindle Location 1105). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.

I think this is us, trying to DO rather than just be. Thanks for your support, your advice, and most of all your friendship. I am blessed.
David a.k.a. naolslager

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

You're right about the part that music was something we "did". I can remember many Sunday afternoons at my grandparents, years back, making music in the parlor. Grandma on a pump organ, Grandpa played mandolin and harmonica, I played guitar, my sister played "Hawaiian" guitar, and the rest sang out. Neighbours came over with various musical instruments, too. Great times and great memories.

To you, Dave and to all at Chordie, I wish a very joyous holiday season and a prosperous and happy 2013.

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Merry xmas to everyone in chordie and beyond. I get to be with my whole family tonight.The one time of year. And we get to eat octopus too. Were Italian. Thats  what we do.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

4 (edited by dino48 2012-12-24 20:48:59)

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Merry xmas to everyone in chordie and beyond. I get to be with my whole family tonight.The one time of year. And we get to eat octopus too. Were Italian. Thats  what we do.

And a merry xmas too all here at chordie as I may not be here on xmas day,jjj I am also italian but we eat Prime rib or ham, but I guess that is because we treat ourselves on this day. (could also be because my mom was english/irish).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on here, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope everyone has been doing ok, hopefully I'll have some time to get on here soon.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on here, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope everyone has been doing ok, hopefully I'll have some time to get on here soon.

Cam

Hi cam, good too see you again! it has been awile since you have posted,hope you have a good xmas and new years.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, nao, have a great Christmas yourself!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

merry Christmas everyone.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Being a relative newbie, I don't post much but I do want to add my best Christmas wishes to everyone.

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for 2013!! 

God Bless