Topic: New banjo pickin' member

Hi, all

Just ran across this site in my never-ending quest for new material, so figured I'd just join up, and introduce myself!

Been pickin' on and off for a few years, and now I'm ready to get a little more serious about the whole proposition.  I did a little browsin', and it looks like I'll find this site a valuable  resource.  I'm excited to find ya all here, I've been lookin' for a place like this!

Now, back to lookin' for an avitar pic that's small enough to fit!  Don't give us much room for 'em on this board.

"History is made at night...

Character is what you are in the dark."  Dr.  Emilio Lizardo

Re: New banjo pickin' member

Welcome to chordie cavecookie - we can use some banjo pickers in the band!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Welcome to chordie. Lots of great people here, all willing to share advice and experience.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

welcome to the site,banjos are good too listen two, hope too here you play someday.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by cavecookie 2012-12-31 01:32:47)

topdown wrote:

Welcome to chordie cavecookie - we can use some banjo pickers in the band!

IDK, at this point my fingers are so rust and disused, ya probaly wouldn't want me yet.  tongue

It would be kinda like Barney Fife singin' in the choir!

P.S.   Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome aboard cavecookie.  Where I live it's not called a band unless there's a banjo player in it.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

Welcome aboard cavecookie.  Where I live it's not called a band unless there's a banjo player in it.

DE

Guess they know what real music is down your way!  Here in central Oregon, folks see my banjo and say "Gee, that's a funny-lookin' drum!".

Seriously, though, there are a few banjo pickers around, and I need to get goin' with some jams.  I figure the best way to stick with it is to have some folks pushin' me to improve.