1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2013-01-03 13:32:37)

Topic: wordsjust 1 example.

in a lot of songs or even in movies there is something weird, like we say: WE WERE and afro-americans say: WE WAS, 
Is this normal, I have the impression that there is an other kind of language coming or not?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: wordsjust 1 example.

Are you asking or axing?

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: wordsjust 1 example.

In the movies, it is an affectation meant to represent a lack of education.  It is not a new kind of language, it is incorrect use of an existing language.  For the record, that sort of mis-use is common throughout Appalachia and is not reserved to black Americans.  Also for the record, there are many black Americans who speak English well.  It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with education and respect for language.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude