Topic: CC Rider

This is my first recording with my new Samson recording mic it has phantom power and I ran it thru my Sonic pa I picked this old blues song from the late 50s smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaCKCXXM … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: CC Rider

Awesome voice dude. Very bluesy. You sound like your woman done left you in the cold cold rain. smile

Thanks BGD I was thinking back a few years to a place in time smile 

Baldguitardude wrote:

Awesome voice dude. Very bluesy. You sound like your woman done left you in the cold cold rain. smile

nice song Russell  well sung

Thanks for sharing russell,the only other version I ever heard was a rock one by mitch ryder ( I Think ),Your acoustic has a nice sound what kind is it?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks dino my acoustic is a hohner electric I remember an earlier version this song pre dates Rock an roll smile

dino48 wrote:

Thanks for sharing russell,the only other version I ever heard was a rock one by mitch ryder ( I Think ),Your acoustic has a nice sound what kind is it?

I appreciate your taking the time to view and listen smile

Grah1 wrote:

nice song Russell  well sung

good version! I liked it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

thank you smile

beamer wrote:

good version! I liked it.

Thanks Russell I liked it as well and that's a nice guitar. Could you tell me where I can find those chord shapes please.

Thank you and the chords are a mix of E Adom7 and B I dont really strum the E or A I use an old blues way of playing them its  more of a moving melodie then chords as I am finger picking this arrangment perhaps someday I will do a video of my techique its self learned some of it I picked up from my time spent in southern california at Hermosa beach jamming with the Chambers bros.,Lightnin Hopkins and Sonny Terry at a few parties, to be honest I dont know anyone who plays a similar style but Im sure there are a few still alive lol

rotoiti wrote:

Thanks Russell I liked it as well and that's a nice guitar. Could you tell me where I can find those chord shapes please.

Russell  Very nice version of the See See Rider Blues.  You sound good in your new Samson mic and some fine pickin' there too!!  Well done!

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

Thank you i appreciate your comments and I am really happy with the Samson there is quite a difference in recording compared to my Sure Sm58 there is more response on the frequencies smile

richreverman wrote:

Russell  Very nice version of the See See Rider Blues.  You sound good in your new Samson mic and some fine pickin' there too!!  Wll done!

yep that's a big improvement on the web-cam mic, i had to keep the vol down (baby's sleeping) so do i detect a little reverb? nice bit of blues

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill yes the mic was running thru my Sonic PA with rca outs i used a Y chord with a 1/8" stereo plug into my laptop,hope your voice is healing up and you get over that cold soon smile

Phill Williams wrote:

yep that's a big improvement on the web-cam mic, i had to keep the vol down (baby's sleeping) so do i detect a little reverb? nice bit of blues

phill