Re: Picks Around the World

Cheers Bushy - Email sent. It will be neat to have the package here for Chordiestock!

Whitewater55 - you're next. Email me your addy when you get a chance.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

352 (edited by whitewater55 2013-01-13 01:55:17)

Email sent, td - and I hope that Chordie-stock goes well. Wish I could go, but finances won't allow it. Maybe a few of you can venture north this summer - Mrs. WW and I will be camped for the first two weeks of July at Marten River Provincial Park, near North-Bay, On.
If any are interested, would be glad to act as host for visitors.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the trhead - if there's interest, send me an email and I will start another thread.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Hey, all,  Just found this thread, and read it cover to cover!  Better than TV.  Can't wait to get in on the action.  Been really interesting to see how the whole thing is evolving!

"History is made at night...

Character is what you are in the dark."  Dr.  Emilio Lizardo

G'day Folks,
                 the Picks package is on the move again, posted this morning to Topdown in Florida, hopefully in time for the Chordiestock "festival" happening soon.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Still haven't seen the PATW package - hope it gets here for chordiestock!

Topdown
            I did not hear if the picks ever turned up at your place or not

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

I have not received it!!

OH NO, that's not good! Mid Jan. to mid Mar. is a long time. Should have been here by now. Dare I say that the PATW is dead? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not in the picks thing but I am hoping it turns up. Seems like we would be losing part of our history that has been around the world several times.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That's terrible, I know I'm not part of the group that got to be involved in the PATW thing, but I did enjoy following where it's been. It was kinda cool to watch, and it was definitely an exclusive Chordie thing. Bummer kinda deal for sure. No way to track it Huh? Hate to see it die that easily.

cj-5

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! It's not over until we say it's over.

- Senator Blutarski

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

He's on a roll.

Sorry to hear the picks have not shown up yet. I have some tracking slips of the package at home so will see what I can do from this end. I will not be back home until middle of next week, hang in there.
All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

Well Gaahaaahleee! I thought it was dead - Imagine the smile on my face when I opened my small mailbox this afternoon which contained a key to the Big Mailbox and within that a package from Australia!!! It could only be one thing!

THE PATW PACKAGE IS ALIVE!!!

Just opened the box and it strikes me funny as what started out as a handful of different plectrums now contains barely any (well at least in relationship to the rest of the package) - instead we have strings, winders, tuner, guitar cleaning supplies, CD's DVD's, a slide, various percussive instruments, a nose flute ("great for parties" - LOL) and a beer hugger from Australia (pretty sure I'm keeping that).

So almost 4 years since first started, the package continues to evolve and move. Shame it wasn't here for chordiestock, but so very happy to see it arise from postal purgatory. Bushy - don't know if your efforts with the tracking slips made a difference, but if so I sure do appreciate it.

I'll be traveling the rest of the week so won't get a chance to look thought in in detail until next weekend. But I'll be happy to send her on the road again once I get back - First to email their address gets it!

Remember your promise to Whitewater when you asserted starter's privilege. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Remember your promise to Whitewater when you asserted starter's privilege. 

- Zurf

DOH! - Of course I don't remember that - it was many months ago.

Whitewater it is - I'll email him for his address!

YAY!!!!!! You don't hear too many stories about stuff showing up in the mail months later. Like getting your bag lost at the airport, it's gone and never coming back. Glad it made tho.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

368 (edited by deadstring 2013-04-09 02:54:30)

I'm really glad to hear that it's still alive! Yeah!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

369 (edited by beamer 2013-04-09 04:15:11)

If you dont get whitewaters addy, I will gladly continue on this.  I recon a coupple Lukenbach goodies and a crazy water sticker or two would be interesting enough. Let me know.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! So pleased it has eventually returned.

Rog

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

G'day everyone, just bumping this up to see if the PATW is still going around.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

I'm thinking it is in one of three places:

Still with Topdown

Lost in the mail

With Whitewater

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

This time it's on me - I've been traveling for work the last 12 weeks in a row, 16 weeks out of the last 18. The box is on my desk at home and I honestly have not had the time to go through it or make it to the post office with their limited hours. My travels will be ending soon (couple more weeks max) at which point I will get it in the mail to whitewater.

I do not recommend trying to manage the construction of 3 student housing projects that all must finish at the same time - it's been kickin' my butt.

TD, I've been a superintendent / project superintendent on several student housing projects across the states so I know what you are going thru. One is a challange, 3 is headache. Just wait until the students start moving in and things get destroyed - then the owners want corrections made as a "punchlist" item.

Lets keep the PATW going, folks. I think I've had the package 3 different times and I am going to keep my eye out and see if I can get it again.

NELA

Jeffro, I'd like to contribute a pick to the collection.

Give everything but up.