Topic: Commodores...help

Does ayone have the chords, bridge, to the Commodores song "To Hot Ta Trot"?  I've been very unsucessful.....Thanks in advance

Re: Commodores...help

Ok wojee, I couldn't find it on the interwebz, so I took a shot at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiLAlTfdBuE

Funk songs are sometimes hard to pick out chords for because the guitarist often uses a lot of muting so it's hard to hear what he/she's doing, but having said that, here's my take on it.

The verses are entirely variations of E chords.  No changes except for some work on a couple of the strings while continuing to play E.  You can get the riff a couple of ways:
String: Fret
>  D:2-2-0-2-4-2
>  e:0-0  B:3  e:0-2-0

Keep playing that until you get to the bridge at 1:04.  At that point alternate between C#m and A three times and then on "(girl I) WANT", play a C on "want".

Then go back to funkin' out with the E.

Between 1:45 and 2:33, I got nothin.  After that, they finish on the funky E stuff.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Astro - you've been hard at work on a lot of Song Requests.  From all the members, I want to say THANK YOU!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'll second Amy's comment. THANK YOU!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You're welcome.  I use these as an opportunity to do ear training.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.