Re: Best Band Ever!!!!!!! You choose and share you're thoughts!!!!!

Fire art  wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

You are obviously no child of the 60's smile. One had to live the experience of 'Beatlemania' to really appreciate their innovative music talented
I'm a child of the 60s but I was a red neck
Roger

The Beatles have staying power. Let`s see how many of todays singers(?) still get regular airplay or still come out with records long after they are gone. The same with Elvis.Lets see where these rappers will be 50 years later. We wont be around to see but I am willing to bet that I am right. Right fine art

I'm a child of the 60's  but I was a red neck but the only thing worse than the Beatles is rap
I'm just glad we all have different tastes

Let no talents go unused

I think The Beatles musical evolution was interesting to live through. I enjoyed their earlier works when I was a kid, but their more complex efforts were great as well. I wonder how much their music would have changed if they stayed together and continued their musical growth. I know the individual efforts of the band members were relatively successful.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Fire art wrote:

I'm a child of the 60's  but I was a red neck but the only thing worse than the Beatles is rap
I'm just glad we all have different tastes

I stand corrected.

Roger

By the way I agree with you about rap. I am sure it should be spelt with a capital 'C' lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hard to pick "best" bands without lining up a bunch of measuring sticks like overall skill level, cohesiveness, inventiveness, longevity, financial success, etc., etc., etc. Personally, I can't get below ten personal favorites (not in any particular order)

1) Jethro Tull
2) Pink Floyd
3) Steely Dan
4) Yes
5) Genesis
6) Beatles
7) Wishbone Ash
8) Rush
9) Led Zeppelin
10) Tangerine Dream

These groups all have / had long and successful careers doing their music in their way, without flopping around trying the please the critics. Funny thing, half of this list could be different on another day.

^ Pretty good list Tenement Funster - I agree with 70 or 80% anyway - I see you are a relative newbie, so welcome to chordie!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks for the welcome, Topdown;

The favorite will always be Jethro Tull, and their tune that I'd like to depart from this earth to would be "Life's a Long Song".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE8YLPHZImw

Tenement Funster wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, Topdown;

The favorite will always be Jethro Tull, and their tune that I'd like to depart from this earth to would be "Life's a Long Song".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE8YLPHZImw

Good choice. I might enjoy the irony of "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day", but yours is likely the better choice.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude