Topic: Chordie problem?

I was not able too get too chordie for almost two days,did anybody else have this problem.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Chordie problem?

Yeah dino - I'm guessing it was a server problem that required a re-boot. I first noticed it last night and emailed Per. If it happens again, send a message to admin@chordie.com and I'm sure he'll sort it out. He was probably in bed by the time I sent my message.

I know other mods have had the same problem

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Topdown,thanks for the fast reply,I have two computers and I was not surewhat was going on.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

still cant get on.

sal meo wrote:

still cant get on.

????

If you can't get on, I'm confused as to how you left a message.  Nevertheless, if you get the SQL database error message once, most browsers will put that screen in your cache.  The next time you log on to Chordie, even if the problem is fixed your computer will pull up the result of its previous visit to that site from your cache and display that.  This is sold as a feature giving you faster response from your browser.  To over-ride your browser, you can either click on the reload button (which is different depending on which browser version you use, but each browser has one), or you can erase all the information from your browser's cache and come in. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
sal meo wrote:

still cant get on.

????

If you can't get on, I'm confused as to how you left a message.

LOL!  I'm assuming that was a joke.  If so, he(?) gotcha!

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Astronomikal wrote:
Zurf wrote:
sal meo wrote:

still cant get on.

????

If you can't get on, I'm confused as to how you left a message.

LOL!  I'm assuming that was a joke.  If so, he(?) gotcha!

It would be a very dry wit to make that his first post, but if it was a joke then I am indeed 'got' and laughing at myself.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm laughing here myself, although it could be that "he" was visiting from a different source than his computer in which case Zurf's info could be useful.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have not been able to open the page for days. I got to this forum from a direct Google link but no other links, even from this page. will open anything. I hope it gets fixed soon!

NUI - Do as Zurf suggested and clear your cache.  It's been fixed and working for all of us for a few days now.  It's likely the cache is the issue.  Visiting www.chordie.com or www.chordie.com/forum should work for you, if it isn't, then it's likely an issue on your end.  I'm sorry to hear that the issues are so troublesome for you.  I know what it's like when I can't get my daily dose of chordie!  I need it, like I need my caffeine and nicotine!  wink

Daah what is the Cache? I am unalble to connect on my laptop to Chordie for the last 2 days I am useing my old xp to type this,each time I try to get to chordie I get this message:
error unable to connect to MYSQL and select database.MYSQL reported cant create a  new thread (error 12) if you are not out of memory you can consult the manual os-dependent bug I dont know how to proceed with this I emailed Per with a screenshot it has to be in the Laptop not my cable connection. any suggestions would be most appreciated smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

12 (edited by mekidsmom 2013-01-17 14:13:27)

Hey Russell!  What browser are you using?  Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome??  I can walk you through fixing that little hiccup!  smile

Edit to add:  And is the machine in question running the new windows 8 or 7?

IE9 im running windows 7 and I found a backdoor loggin by typing in chordie editors forum it took me to the forum and I clicked on the loggin and had to enter my loggin and I got on but the normal page to loggin is where I get the error message Im on my laptop now smile

Amy I fixed the problem when I logged out it took me to the logging page so I added it to my favorites and deleted the old one thanks for responding with the offer of help wink

Whoo Hoooo!  For future reference, and for anyone that still needs help...

ie 7/8:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind … rnet-files

ie 9:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind … Explorer-9

IE 9 has other options as well, which this link doesn't go into, and I think it'd personally do it a different way if IE is your GO TO browser... but basically the cache is the Temporary Files. 

Glad you got it worked out though Russell!!!

it was like swatting mesquitos on a  summer day in the park,well maybe not that bad smile

17 (edited by zguitar 2013-01-18 03:28:35)

I'm still having the same problem. Cleared my cache, but still some issues. Backdoor works about 50% of the time. Front door hasn't worked since this first started like a week ago.

Now the show me posts since my last visit isn't working.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

the  my sql error  came  up  again  today  I  got  on  via  google

Apparently there is an elusive bug that only seems to manifest itself under heavy traffic. Per is working hard to find and exterminate the little blighter, please be patient.

With Windows, the refresh button (the one with the two curved green arrows) is a good friend at the moment smile.

http://res1.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows%207/main/6d65df30-1154-45a1-9855-1232c6b27475_40.jpg
Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

A day without "chordie" is like a day without sunshine but 3 days without "chordie" and I start to panic. Thanks to those that make it possible.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

21 (edited by cavecookie 2013-01-18 18:15:26)

I'm currently at the local library, and I am obviously connected.  I will try again on my home computer, when I get home.  I hope my computer doesn't have any serious issues!

"History is made at night...

Character is what you are in the dark."  Dr.  Emilio Lizardo

Lots of problems with the server lately. Hard to figure out what was wrong. Got good help from my service provider (Leaseweb), and they came up with a good theory. Just made a few major changes. Lets see what happens in the next 4-5hours.

Zurf wrote:
sal meo wrote:

still cant get on.

????

If you can't get on, I'm confused as to how you left a message.  Nevertheless, if you get the SQL database error message once, most browsers will put that screen in your cache.  The next time you log on to Chordie, even if the problem is fixed your computer will pull up the result of its previous visit to that site from your cache and display that.  This is sold as a feature giving you faster response from your browser.  To over-ride your browser, you can either click on the reload button (which is different depending on which browser version you use, but each browser has one), or you can erase all the information from your browser's cache and come in. 

- Zurf

Thanks, Zurf!  Your advice did the trick.  I think my main problem with me is I could write a book about all the stuff I don't know about computers!

"History is made at night...

Character is what you are in the dark."  Dr.  Emilio Lizardo

Right on guys.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I finally got on again,I am was getting the same message as russell.