Topic: any band's member

choosing songs to preform always has been a problem to my band .   Smtimes guitar player can't play his part , smtimes bass player . Is this becuase of the difficulty of the songs that r chosen or the problem  in the band . Do you face such this problems

2 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-07-08 16:39:22)

Re: any band's member

Years ago when I was doing the band thing we had an understanding. We took turns picking songs. When rehursing if one member had a problem learning a certain part we  would all put our heads together figureing out and teaching each other until it was mastered. It was not always easy but we seemed to manage

what a long strange trip it's been

Hi Chainz_22,

Must be about 40 years ago now, I was between bands and an ex-school pal contacted me to ask me to join a band that was short of a guitarist/vocalist and had a gig booked for three weeks hence. I play rhythm guitar and had a 12 string at that time and agreed to join.

I went along to the rehersal and found a pretty good drummer and bass player but a lead guitarist who could play "March Of The Mods" full stop, no chords, nothing else.

We got stuck in and practiced most nights to get 30-40 numbers ready, which were all songs that I knew, and did the gig with the lead guitarist miming to everything except his one number.

Strangely enough we were received very well, so I guess it was "alright on the night".

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thnks guys , i was thinkin to change the band but that  really hurts the others