Re: CHORDIESTOCK 2013 - February 23 - Madeira Beach, FL

OK - I have reserved the clubhouse at my condo for Saturday, 2/23. We have it all day and night, must be cleared out by 11:30 pm. Not sure about grilling arrangements, but there is a full kitchen in the clubhouse and a very good pizza place close by. I figured we'd make Saturday the main jam get-together day but of course folks are welcome to come / go as they please. The clubhouse is right next to one of the (heated) pools, so bring your suits (kids too).

Amy - the rules allow for 72 hours of RV parking "for loading purposes". I'm confident that as long as the noise was kept down, parking an RV for the weekend would likely go unnoticed. Not sure what you do for utilities though.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Was born in Kent normtheguitar but now live in a village just outside of Maldon Essex.

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

That sounds great for Saturday.  Have you talked to Toney about Sunday open mic?  What time does that usually get kicked off?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Toney says he'll be here Saturday. His Sunday gigs start at 4 and last until the party's done (well, typically 7 or so, but he says we can stay as late as we want to).

Changed the thread title to CHORDIESTOCK 2013 - who wants a T-shirt?

Man I would freaking LOVE to be able to join!  I would love a T-shirt though! who knows, maybe my ot check will be good to me this week LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

topdown wrote:

Toney says he'll be here Saturday. His Sunday gigs start at 4 and last until the party's done (well, typically 7 or so, but he says we can stay as late as we want to).

Changed the thread title to CHORDIESTOCK 2013 - who wants a T-shirt?

I want a T shirt!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Have not asked Momma about this yet but I just found tickets with spirit air for 189.  I would have to ship my cloths and guitar via UPS cause the baggage charge is unreal for the airline, but the ticket is cheep.  I would probably stay in Clearwater with a HS friend whom i have not seen in 25 yrs.  she may even join us for the party.  As I said chances are slim,, but its a weak maybe.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I'd like a T-shirt too! Mine's a large one...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

This sounds like fun. Sure wish I could go.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

topdown wrote:

OK - I have reserved the clubhouse at my condo for Saturday, 2/23. We have it all day and night, must be cleared out by 11:30 pm. Not sure about grilling arrangements, but there is a full kitchen in the clubhouse and a very good pizza place close by. I figured we'd make Saturday the main jam get-together day but of course folks are welcome to come / go as they please. The clubhouse is right next to one of the (heated) pools, so bring your suits (kids too).

Amy - the rules allow for 72 hours of RV parking "for loading purposes". I'm confident that as long as the noise was kept down, parking an RV for the weekend would likely go unnoticed. Not sure what you do for utilities though.

AWESOME!  Sooooo... I could come and park for a couple days... get a campsite for a couple days, and then come park again... maybe... if necessary to save money!  LOL!  SWEET!

We aren't a 100% yet, but it's a strong 95% - it's going to be a matter of $$ in the end.  I'm hoping there's a way I can get our taxes done before then, and we'll be golden!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'm liking that 95%, Amy!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

AS hopefull as I am.... I am hoping to just break even on taxes.  however if I can make it,, I have the clearwater pad on a ready standby! I hope I find a way to swing this!!

Snowed in, here! Can't wait to feel that sunshine...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

What is the chance of a camera being set up to stream via skype? or at least to record some stuff for YT? 
Im thinking I will not be able to swing to FL.  Maybe another time.  Still in for a T-shirt though big_smile

Excitement is building.  I put a bid in on an e-reader tablet thingamabob to keep me entertained and maybe load my songs to it for portability's sake.  I have no idea whether it will work, but it's so much more exciting to leap then look.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Bit of a longshot, but are any Chordiestock-ians planning a trip to the UK or Europe? I have some US Dollars in cash already, and could do with a few more, but the commission/exchange rates here are shocking when changing small amounts. I could bring Sterling or Euros (or both) and do a straight swap for Dollars at whatever the best exchange rate of the day is - plus a bit for luck! I'm thinking of around $300 worth? Just a thought...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

The best exchange rates you can get are with a Master Card.  If you can use a Master Card until you get to the U.S. where hopefully exchange rates are a bit more sane, give it a try.

I just sent an email with contact info for those i know who are coming. If you didn't get it or if you need transportation assistance please let me know. less than 2 weeks until the party starts!

Chordiestock 2013 has officially kicked off with Paul's arrival a few hours ago. Man, I love the way my guitar sounds in the hands of a skilled player!

vidio footage to be posted later I hope?

I will be bringing a Zoom Q3 HD so hoping to get some good footage. This should be a good trial to see how it works. I will be checking out Zurfs E-Reader , songbooks are always kind of a drag, but they seem to be necessary as my memory isn't getting better with age .

Later, Wayne P

I got a 10.1" android tablet and have loaded an app from Ultimate Guitar to it last night.  I was able to go and find almost all the titles (that I play) from my Chordie Songbooks.  Some are slightly different versions, but I found the titles.  When saving the song to Favorites, it supposedly makes the song available even when not connected.  So I'll be testing that today. 

Has Paul grown even more fingers?  Beside the Shenandoah we all agreed that he must have some extra fingers that retract back into his hand like cat paws but they come out when he plays.

Jeff, please give Paul a kiss on the cheek for me. ;-) wish I was there.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Jeff,hope you people all have a great time,I wish I could afford the trip out there,I hope you will post some pictures maybe some video.I still have the chordie album if you would like too post it there,let me know.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I can feel your anticipation to Chordiestock way up here in Canada. It promises to be a great time had by all. Sure wish I could be there but alas...maybe the next year.
Cheers all and have a cold one or twelve for me. smile

Here's a link to a site that follows every airplane flyng in real time. It's pretty cool, just type the flight in and it will give all the info of the plane and flight.Where it is (in real time) and if you want, a google view from the cockpit. Handy to know if a flight is on time.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Check it out, it is cool if you know people that fly alot

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)