Topic: Nut job

Just did my first nut and bridge job And fresh strings it sounds good down to the 13th fret where it buzzes on the 14 and 15 frets then cleans up again the store I bought the guitar from said he fix that if I brought it in. But I don't think I'll ever play there any way. Thanks for all the help and ideas I've got from here

Let no talents go unused

Re: Nut job

checked truss rod?

Baldguitardude wrote:

checked truss rod?

Yes sir

Let no talents go unused

Is it on all strings or just a few of 'em? Sounds like you have a bend or cant in the neck.....or maybe cut the saddle too deep, I guess.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Is it on all strings or just a few of 'em? Sounds like you have a bend or cant in the neck.....or maybe cut the saddle too deep, I guess.

Buz on First and second string straight edge on first fret touches again on the 14 fret and 15 dosent touch  the 16th

Let no talents go unused

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-01-30 01:23:06)

Fire Art ... nicely done on restoring your guitar to a playable state! When I did my old Norman last year, I felt 10' tall when it was re-strung and sounding great again. I suppose the field of guitar repair is the only place where being called a "nut job" is a compliment. smile Congratulations!

Needs frets leveled?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

Needs frets leveled?

Yep

Let no talents go unused

Ooooh fret job. Of course.