Topic: Offensive Title

Some one has posted a new public songbook with a title that I would call offensive or at least in poor taste.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: Offensive Title

Too offensive to share i guess.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Pete, I didn't want to commit the same infraction I was complaining about. It's not hard to find.
I'm not concerned for my sake. I've been half way around the world and back again.I know we have young girls and boys including my 13 year old grandson who enjoy "chordie" and I have always considered it a family type website and would like to see it stay that way.That's all.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

DS, I agree this should be a family orientated site. All who use it should be respectful to others who use it.

Joe

I agree also. Can't a mod change it?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

deadstring wrote:

Some one has posted a new public songbook with a title that I would call offensive or at least in poor taste.

I saw it too and yes it is offensive,I hope a mod will warn the person that we do not like stuff like that,and we do have younger people looking in here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It is not possible for a Moderator to change the title of a songbook, perhaps Per could, but we cannot, however I have written the following to the Member:

Chordie is a family site with many young people and ladies as both Members and visitors and so swearing is not allowed in any way, shape or form. You therefore have 24 hours to change the disgusting name you have given to a public songbook.

Failure to do so will result in a ban from Chordie and a deletion of all your private and public songbooks.

Roger Guppy (Moderator)

I will look again tomorrow and if it is still the same I will 'delete' the Member which will remove any trace of him ever being on Chordie. Public and private songbooks will be deleted. I do hope that he has a shred of decency and realises his lack of judgement.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It is offensive and disrespectful. I too have grandchildren and would like to keep chordie a family site that we all can enjoy.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thank you Roger.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Roger Guppy wrote:

It is not possible for a Moderator to change the title of a songbook, perhaps Per could, but we cannot, however I have written the following to the Member:

Chordie is a family site with many young people and ladies as both Members and visitors and so swearing is not allowed in any way, shape or form. You therefore have 24 hours to change the disgusting name you have given to a public songbook.

Failure to do so will result in a ban from Chordie and a deletion of all your private and public songbooks.

Roger Guppy (Moderator)

I will look again tomorrow and if it is still the same I will 'delete' the Member which will remove any trace of him ever being on Chordie. Public and private songbooks will be deleted. I do hope that he has a shred of decency and realises his lack of judgement.

Roger

Thanks roger!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

+1

Let no talents go unused

Thank you Sir!

The Songbook title has now been amended and, although the Member is not active on the Forum, I have decided to remove any reference to his username in this thread.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks one more time. Your quick response and actions are appreciated.

Thanks Roger and all who support his action.

Joe

Roger Guppy wrote:

The Songbook title has now been amended and, although the Member is not active on the Forum, I have decided to remove any reference to his username in this thread.

Roger

You got my vote for mod of the month!