Topic: Can i save a song as a .doc document

Can anyone explain to me if i can save the songs to .doc  The reason is i am new here and go to some jams and find their sheet music have no chord markins and some verses are in different locations. So if i could save them as  .doc i could move around the verses in microsoft word

Re: Can i save a song as a .doc document

Sorry that will not work. You can only remove it in it's original chopro and go from looking like this:

Maryanon

[G]Mary had a little lamb, she [C]also had a bear:

I have [G]often seen her little lamb, but [D]never seen her [G]bear.

to this:

[G]Mary had a little lamb, she [C]also had a bear:
I have [G]often seen her little lamb, but [D]never seen her [G]bear.

However you can go into the song and edit it to what you want before printing it out. Just click on 'Edit' by the song in your Songbook.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Can i save a song as a .doc document

Dman2 wrote:

i could save them as  .doc i could move around the verses in microsoft word

Dman:  You can select all of the lyrics and chord text on the web page and then paste it into a blank Word document.

If you do that, I suggest you paste it using "Paste Special" and then select "unformatted text".  After it is pasted, I suggest you select all of it again and then change it to a font where the columns line up.  I use "Courier New" font.  It makes lining the chords up with words and syllables a lot easier.

After that, you can pretty much manipulate it the way you would any other word document.   I've done this to over 200 songs.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.