Re: The reason a lot of kids have started playing...

Good point.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

52 (edited by neon8 2007-07-09 23:00:37)

i think its because of guitar hero and people dont realize how....."simple" they think it is guitar hero was a partial reason for me. but my uncle is the lead guitarist of counting crows and i tought it'd be cool to play so i got a new free squier tele. jst because a guitar is cheap doesnt mean its not good. i have an epi. les paul and a squier tele. they work pretty good and my band rocks out on epiphones all around and we're pretty awesome. and bands like fall out boy,my chemical romance, and the counting crows have deals with epiphone and squier. nd alot of kids can see that and see they can get a guitar like a cool band like on of those

jpage_roxmysox wrote:

rj, u bring up another point, guitar, like many forms of art, is stable.  I forget who said this, but i know someone once said that the arts are man's way of coping with the world.  Which is so true, I think the world would be a lot more sad/angry if it weren't for music.

I really like that way of phrasing it.

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

I think this is true, personally, hip hop, techno and rap just doesn't feel like music to me It's just a lot of beeps.

Guitar requires more skill than clicking buttons for noise.

David

Another thing guitar hero lacks is the heart. The guitar has that.
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

56 (edited by apartofyourpast 2007-07-12 22:38:16)

I'm 14 and I think that we have started playing the guitar earlier and more because we have got electrical appliances eg computers and TV at an earlier age than in the past and we are bored of them, so we need something new to do, like playing instrument (guitar being the best big_smile) or skating. Maybe we listen to our favourite bands/singers and think: I want to be like them/him/her. Also, you can get rid of anger by playing random chords really fast big_smile.

Next, music is good for people with head injuries or problems with their brain, a lot can play an instrument really well, but arent so good at school, but this isnt the case for all of them

Also, guitar hero is something new, it's fun to play with friends and win, then point and laugh like "ba-ha-ha-ha" It makes you better using your fingers for different strings/frets too.

Thats not why i started playing...im 14 and i started playin just before i turned thirteen...so a few months, but people say im doin very well for my speed.

good points apartofyourpast, i know a couple of musicians with head injuries (not even joking, a friend of mine is an awesome guitar player, and he's cracked his head open four times) I dont agree with you on the guitar hero part though, whenever I beat someone they usually throw it in my face like "well duh you won, you play actual guitar!" even though the two are totally different...
Oh well, at least I beat em.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

I don't really think that guitar and guitar hero should be compared.
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Guitar hero encourages bad picking hand technique, in that it's generally best for your picking hand to move metronomically when playing and just make contact with the strings when needed - as opposed to the 'jerky' hand motion you end up using for guitar hero...

Check out my site: [url=http://www.guitaristhelp.net]Printable scale, chord, arpeggio, blank TAB and manuscript sheets for guitar and bass[/url]

I just pick however I think the somg sounds right with
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr