Topic: Hiatus

Sliced my index finger open on the dull side of a knife last night, ending my barre chord playing for the next 2 weeks or so. Dammit!

Re: Hiatus

Time to pull out the four chords and the truth songs that you play open.  Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, John Prine, and Guy Clark have been waiting for you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Haha. I'll give that a shot. Open G gave me a fit last night (and opened the cut back up) cuz I hang the third pad of my index finger kind of around the back of the neck of my guitar.

Maybe I'll just super glue the cut and take my chances.

Ugh.  Good luck.  Whatever you do, keep it clean.  Hand wounds can get infected easily because they touch so much miscellaneous stuff.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I hate when that happens.  Lets hope it heals fast.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Slide guitar is another option,I orderd a steel jet slide it fits on your finger like a ring and lets you play both chords and slide cost me over 20 bucks but I like new ideas cant wait to get it hope the finger heals fast smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 words   SUPER GLUE!  surly you know that secret?  layer it on in thin layers.  I use it all the time.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

That's a nasty accident, BGD ... hope it heals quickly so you're back at it real soon.

Just be glad it was the dull side that bit you. The business side could have put you out for a long time.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!