Topic: Bridge

What is a bridge

Can't hardly wait for this one

Let no talents go unused

Re: Bridge

Straight from Freeonlinedictionary.com

1. A structure spanning and providing passage over a gap or barrier, such as a river or roadway.
2. Something resembling or analogous to this structure in form or function: a land bridge between the continents; a bridge of understanding                                                    between two countries.
   a. The upper bony ridge of the human nose.
   b. The part of a pair of eyeglasses that rests against this ridge.
4. A fixed or removable replacement for one or several but not all of the natural teeth, usually anchored at each end to a natural tooth.
5. Music
    a. A thin, upright piece of wood in some stringed instruments that supports the strings above the soundboard.
    b. A transitional passage connecting two subjects or movements.
6. Nautical A crosswise platform or enclosed area above the main deck of a ship from which the ship is controlled.
7. Games
    a. A long stick with a notched plate at one end, used to steady the cue in billiards. Also called rest1.
    b. The hand used as a support to steady the cue.
8. Electricity
    a. Any of various instruments for measuring or comparing the characteristics, such as impedance or inductance, of a conductor.
    b . An electrical shunt.
9. Chemistry An intramolecular connection that spans atoms or groups of atoms.

Any of several card games derived from whist, usually played by four people in two partnerships, in which trump is determined by bidding and the hand opposite the declarer is played as a dummy.

1. (Engineering / Civil Engineering) a structure that spans and provides a passage over a road, railway, river, or some other obstacle
2. something that resembles this in shape or function his letters provided a bridge across the centuries
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Anatomy)
    a.  the hard ridge at the upper part of the nose, formed by the underlying nasal bones
    b.  any anatomical ridge or connecting structure Compare pons
4. the part of a pair of glasses that rests on the nose
5. (Medicine / Dentistry) Also called bridgework a dental plate containing one or more artificial teeth that is secured to the surrounding    natural teeth
6. (Transport / Nautical Terms) a platform athwartships and above the rail, from which a ship is piloted and navigated
7. (Music / Instruments) a piece of wood, usually fixed, supporting the strings of a violin, guitar, etc., and transmitting their vibrations to the sounding board
8. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) Also called bridge passage a passage in a musical, literary, or dramatic work linking two or more important sections
9. (Electronics) Also called bridge circuit Electronics any of several networks, such as a Wheatstone bridge, consisting of two branches across which a measuring device is connected. The resistance, capacitance, etc., of one component can be determined from the known values of the others when the voltage in each branch is balanced
10. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing a device that connects networks and sends packets between them
11. (Group Games / Billiards & Snooker) Billiards Snooker
     a.  a support for a cue made by placing the fingers on the table and raising the thumb
     b.  a cue rest with a notched end for shots beyond normal reach
12. (Performing Arts / Theatre) Theatre
     a.  a platform of adjustable height above or beside the stage for the use of stagehands, light operators, etc
     b.  Chiefly Brit a part of the stage floor that can be raised or lowered
13. (Engineering / Mechanical Engineering) a partition in a furnace or boiler to keep the fuel in place

There is also a family of actors Lloyd, Jeff, Beau Bridges.

Do we really need this many bridges?????

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire art  wrote:

What is a bridge

Can't hardly wait for this one

As best as I can describe it, its a instrumental that changes the pace between your main sections of a song. usually where a solo or two get put in.  Here is a link that may explain it better
http://musiced.about.com/od/othermusicg … forms4.htm

One of the easiest ones I can think of that is not Metal & one of my all time favorites is Taxi by Harry Chapin.  I think the main bridge is where he sings Ive got something inside of me..." and then the falsetto comes in w/ the lines "babys so high that she is flying" and then it goes back to the main story.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9RjymQ1-4

as for metal  for the possible non- metal head,, this example is "MEGA CLASSIC" Victim of Changes. and here is the song structure as noted in WIKI:  CompositionThe song opens with a fade-in dual guitar passage that flows into the song's main riffs. A linear pattern is followed until the staccato section in the bridge. The song's first main guitar solo follows afterward, it is played by KK Downing. The bridge section finishes an goes into a lighter, more mellow section that soon intensifies. The second solo, played by Glenn Tipton, comes during the heavy section. The song returns to the main riff and finishes with Rob Halford's banshee-like screams.The song is written in the key of B minor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2KTMXyH0M

Even if your not a Metal guy,  This is more heavy blues based (on a side note Cheater is a JP song that is heavily blues laden with harmonica added in also) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9UM4N5sGBs

Hope this helps!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

zguitar wrote:

Straight from Freeonlinedictionary.com

1. A structure spanning and providing passage over a gap or barrier, such as a river or roadway.
2. Something resembling or analogous to this structure in form or function: a land bridge between the continents; a bridge of understanding                                                    between two countries.
   a. The upper bony ridge of the human nose.
   b. The part of a pair of eyeglasses that rests against this ridge.
4. A fixed or removable replacement for one or several but not all of the natural teeth, usually anchored at each end to a natural tooth.
5. Music
    a. A thin, upright piece of wood in some stringed instruments that supports the strings above the soundboard.
    b. A transitional passage connecting two subjects or movements.
6. Nautical A crosswise platform or enclosed area above the main deck of a ship from which the ship is controlled.
7. Games
    a. A long stick with a notched plate at one end, used to steady the cue in billiards. Also called rest1.
    b. The hand used as a support to steady the cue.
8. Electricity
    a. Any of various instruments for measuring or comparing the characteristics, such as impedance or inductance, of a conductor.
    b . An electrical shunt.
9. Chemistry An intramolecular connection that spans atoms or groups of atoms.

Any of several card games derived from whist, usually played by four people in two partnerships, in which trump is determined by bidding and the hand opposite the declarer is played as a dummy.

1. (Engineering / Civil Engineering) a structure that spans and provides a passage over a road, railway, river, or some other obstacle
2. something that resembles this in shape or function his letters provided a bridge across the centuries
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Anatomy)
    a.  the hard ridge at the upper part of the nose, formed by the underlying nasal bones
    b.  any anatomical ridge or connecting structure Compare pons
4. the part of a pair of glasses that rests on the nose
5. (Medicine / Dentistry) Also called bridgework a dental plate containing one or more artificial teeth that is secured to the surrounding    natural teeth
6. (Transport / Nautical Terms) a platform athwartships and above the rail, from which a ship is piloted and navigated
7. (Music / Instruments) a piece of wood, usually fixed, supporting the strings of a violin, guitar, etc., and transmitting their vibrations to the sounding board
8. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) Also called bridge passage a passage in a musical, literary, or dramatic work linking two or more important sections
9. (Electronics) Also called bridge circuit Electronics any of several networks, such as a Wheatstone bridge, consisting of two branches across which a measuring device is connected. The resistance, capacitance, etc., of one component can be determined from the known values of the others when the voltage in each branch is balanced
10. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing a device that connects networks and sends packets between them
11. (Group Games / Billiards & Snooker) Billiards Snooker
     a.  a support for a cue made by placing the fingers on the table and raising the thumb
     b.  a cue rest with a notched end for shots beyond normal reach
12. (Performing Arts / Theatre) Theatre
     a.  a platform of adjustable height above or beside the stage for the use of stagehands, light operators, etc
     b.  Chiefly Brit a part of the stage floor that can be raised or lowered
13. (Engineering / Mechanical Engineering) a partition in a furnace or boiler to keep the fuel in place

There is also a family of actors Lloyd, Jeff, Beau Bridges.

Do we really need this many bridges?????

lol lol "WHERE'S THAT CONFOUNDED BRIDGE!"

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Good one Z, my wife is wondering why I'm sittin here laughing my butt off. wish you could see the look on her face.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

The easiest way I can describe it:   If you're listening to a song and hear a part (for example) between the verse and the chorus, or between a solo and a chorus which sounds "out of place", then that's a bridge.

Example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04o9OE3iJQ

Listen to the part between 0:45 and 0.53.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Put simply a bridge spans two sections of music the beginning and the end and can be repeated. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk (gasp, wheeze) hyuk ... I can't stand it lol

I expected  nothing less

Let no talents go unused

why did you expect nothing less?

Fire art  wrote:

I expected  nothing less

"Growing old is not for sissies"