Topic: I screwed up

I've alway been the type that dosnt ride some one else's stuff because I don't want to know how bad mine is. I played a much higher end acoustic the other day and now it's hard to play mine.  ignorance is bliss

Let no talents go unused

Re: I screwed up

G.A.S. is strong with you.

Save your pennies!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire art, all who play guitar must learn to live with G.A.S., it will never go away.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Perhaps a visit to a luthier to have yours set up properly will make you happier with it and will most certainly be kinder on your pocket.

May the G.A.S. be with you!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

That's how it starts.  Stay away from the guitar stores, or surely you will end up with a SEVERE case of G.A.S. - although, you could be like me and end up with a nice Martin too.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

That is how I ended up with my Gibson LG-2. I just wanted to try it out. I went in to buy a cheap telecaster. If a guitar starts calling you in the store, try to walk away. It is hard to let go once you answer the call.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

They just opened a Guitar Center in Shreveport. I don't dare go close to it.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I'm sure I have G.A.S. but what do the letters G.A.S. stand for.

Guitar Acquisition Syndrome

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i dont have G.A.S., i bought the guitars i wanted then felt satisfied, i just want a 24 track recorder now and that's giving me terrible G.A.S., or should that be R.A.S.H? ( recorder acquisition syndrome hives)

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

One less-expensive solution for G.A.S. is to find out what kind of woods your "temptation" is made of, and then work down the price tags within that construction to get something close. The choice of tone woods greatly affects the sound of the guitar, while construction methods affect the feel of it. If sound is the main issue, check the woods used for construction. Pepto-Bismol and Beano won't work for this type of G.A.S. unfortunately. hmm

Hi There.
I just registered today on this site, I'm just wondering what letters G.A.S stand for?
Thanks.
Mr.Vtek

You'll never get over it.  Playing a higher end guitar and forgetting about it is impossible.  Just save up and shop around for a long time and then get that nice expensive guitar.  You owe yourself.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm sure guitars were created so guitarists couldn't rule the earth.

Joe

Mr.Vtek wrote:

Hi There.
I just registered today on this site, I'm just wondering what letters G.A.S stand for?
Thanks.
Mr.Vtek

Mr. Tech,
Welcome,  GAS stands for Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. 
AS your new, Ill say that you should give an introduction of yourself in the general forums this is a great place and if you hang out and share, it just gets better.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)